Resigned from my job

GTRob

Member +
well after almost 7 years in my current job, i've resigned to take up a new career in signage. been offered a job to do Sales & Marketing for a new Sign company, which is right next door to my house!! so no longer do i have to drive to work :rockon:, plus their giving me a 97 4dr rav4 to use :drive: and 10% commission of all monthly sales i bring in :eek:

been marketing for the jewelry company for to long now and i'm very excited for the change. my new boss is a real motor head too, he's got a fully prep'd chevy vega that holds the fastest time at our local track of 8.7ET, he's got a shifter cart at a track in Miami with a BMW 5 series to get around in. plus he's got an old shell of a Smart Car that he wants to put a bike engine in to take to the track and promote the company.

tomorrow is my last day with this job, then i take a week or so off and then start full time at the new job. so after i walk out this place at 5 tomorrow its :beer: time :haha:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
haha!! class dread! seems like ur takin a big step forward!

its good to have a change sometimes & ur other job was more like slavery lol.. maybe well ave more time to see ya on here hehe :cool:!!

all the best on ur new venture bro!
kon

twaiter

Member +
most people r to scared to make such a change but i think in your case you have made the right decision, gud luk matey!

GTRob

Member +
most people r to scared to make such a change but i think in your case you have made the right decision, gud luk matey!

believe me it took me almost a month to make up my mind to do it. i have moved up the ladder while working with the Jewelry company, i started out as marketing assistant, then coordinator, then manager of the department and i'm now making a good salary, but it has gotten a bit repetative (sp) and i have been wanting a new job for a while now. jus had to say that i had to take the opportunity that was given to me and roll with it.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
great mate good luck with your new job.. i changed frmop my last job to the current one i have at the moment thinking it would be better.. but damn i was wrong :(

azerty

Supermoderator
New experience is alway good experience for your own knowledge. so It can only be a good move :p

Enjoy your holidays ;)

Last edited:

GTRob

Member +
thanks everyone, really appreciate the support and i'm looking forward to starting. everyone on the island that i speak to about it seems to need something done in terms of signage so i hope to hit the market with good results. there are a number of sign companies on island but most are seriously over priced and don't do much marketing or try to pursue new clients, so i'm hoping to take a good portion of the business on island.

plus i'll also be sellin electrical hurrican shutters, which is really good money. one house or the average business place could spend as much as 10k - 20k US, which is decent money to me in commission.

thanks again for all the support and i'll let u all know how it progresses .

cheers
Rob