Roadrunner manifold problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

huwr

Member +
I bought a "roadrunner" manifold from Toy Tuning in january and unfortunately its been nothing but trouble...

Here is the latest issue, as these photos show there is no way of fitting an intercooler pipe as the manifold runner sits way to close to the intercooler pipe flange. The only way forward I can see is rotating the turbo, but I am not up for that.

I would have kept this to Private Messages / emails but Im hoping someone else on here has had a similar problem and there is an easy solution that I'm missing.

I urgently need this sorted, as my current manifold has cracked and I am now in limbo.

100_1384.jpg

100_1388.jpg

Last edited:

speedvision

Member +
the simpliest solution to that problem is just rotate the turbo a few degrees and ur gonna be fine...there is no other solution to that problem

sam

ChrisGT

Member +
the simpliest solution to that problem is just rotate the turbo a few degrees and ur gonna be fine...there is no other solution to that problem

sam

Exactly. Thats a hybrid is it not? Would probably fit fine with a stock CT9, but as yours is a hybrid it is slightly different. Your going to have to rotate the compressor housing. No way round it mate!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
That turbo looks like a Hybrid? I'd say theres more chance of that being put back together a few degrees out that the mani being wrong.

Mike_ep91

Member +
as said already rotate the turbo as its more than likely been put back together slighty out of stock position.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Hey Huw,

Sorry just noticed this been busy getting the site ready.

Looks like the lads have already helped you, was that the used road runner manifold we sold, did you clean it up as it doesn't look like a road runner? Let us know if rotating gets you sorted.

Cheers

T

Last edited:

huwr

Member +
Hello, yes this is the manifold I bought form you 2nd hand. I managed to get the oversize stud holes sorted with helicoils in the end.

Although like you say it doesn't look like other roadrunner manifolds. I spent a while cleaning it though :p

I'll give rotating it a go, but will that not give me problems with attaching the actuator?

Thanks

speedvision

Member +
Hello, yes this is the manifold I bought form you 2nd hand. I managed to get the oversize stud holes sorted with helicoils in the end.

Although like you say it doesn't look like other roadrunner manifolds. I spent a while cleaning it though :p

I'll give rotating it a go, but will that not give me problems with attaching the actuator?

Thanks

slight rotation to clear the pipe shouldnt cause any issues with the actuator..try it and let us know...but if u say it fitted fine with the other manifolds then the one u have must have a problem....ur only way out as said b4 is to clock it a few degrees and u will be fine and happy after that

sam

Matchew

Member +
i fitted my roadrunner mani today and it fitted absolutley perfect dream to do and i fitted an fmic and decat no problems at all was a dream to do bar working in the cold all day but mine was a stock ct9

huwr

Member +
Apologies..

I have rotated the turbo, had a quiet word with the actuator bracket and all is well.

Apologies if it has come across as if I was blaming anyone for the problem, which was not my intention. Toy Tuning's help/patience/service has been top notch so far.

Toby, A few other roadrunner's seem to have a carbon colour layer on them is/was this a prototype of some sort?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.