Rota Wheels ?

jamesgtturbo

Member +
just wanted peoples views and opinions on the quality of rota wheels , obviously they look nice , i just wondered the strength of the wheels i.e over pot holes , and whats the quality of the paint like on them ?

TurboDave

Member +
The paint is very good the only complaint I have is the polished lip has gone a bit shitty after only 1 year, nothing a good tub of metal polish, a dremel and a polishing attachment wont sort out though.

:)

Rory

Lifer
Had mine for over a year now, not one problem. Even with the polished lip.
As long as there cleaned, fairly often, you wont have a problem.

D3N0

Member +
well i hit the curb in my first set at slow speed, say 5-10mph and it took out a 4 inch chunck out of it. these were my gold rota gt3s, there was no polish lip after that. my opinion is that rota wheels look good, a couple are imitations of known wheels, and to my costly experience not that strong. but there cheap, jap and look nice so i now have a set of rota grid golds on my car in 16"s.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
well i hit the curb in my first set at slow speed, say 5-10mph and it took out a 4 inch chunck out of it. these were my gold rota gt3s, there was no polish lip after that. my opinion is that rota wheels look good, a couple are imitations of known wheels, and to my costly experience not that strong. but there cheap, jap and look nice so i now have a set of rota grid golds on my car in 16"s.

Actually their not jap and all the designs are copies of other makes, but that does mean they're good looking wheels and they seem to last ok but I don't think they're strong judging by other peoples comments.

However they look nice, are light and do the job.:)

Last edited:

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
If you want strong wheels, get steelies! ;)

Having said that, Rota's are good... I'm about to put a set on my Daihatsu... :)

jamesgtturbo

Member +
thanks for all the comments and replies , its just that ive been looking for some jdm wheels now since before xmas lol , and still no joy , way too expensive o buy new and finding them hard to source second hand from japan and england .

Monkfish

Member +
No issues with my bronze Rota Track-R's apart from some kerb marks from the previous owner and the centre caps have fallen out due to the heat of a trackday. Can't get them to stay back in either. :(

Fantastic wheels though.

I have to say i think they're pretty strong wheels

a couple of years back i fell asleep at the wheel (yeah i know, idiot) and smacked into a curb at 30mph. all it did was scuff two of the wheels and flaten a tyre. the rims didnt' bend or buckle at all, which imo is pretty good for hitting something at 30