Rotating TD04

Nick_P

Member +
Hi Guys

Have just taken apart my TD04 so that i can rotate the middle to get the oil return in the right place

The question is,
can i just grind the locating pins of the exhaust and compressor housing so im free the rotate it how i want to or am i best drilling extra holes in the middle bit to locate the exhaust and compressor housing how i want.
if you catch my drift

any help or advise doing the job would be much appreciated

Nick

Jay

Admin
I'm doing this with a turbo today mate. I just removed the pin and will rotate it as required.

Nick_P

Member +
Jay did you just do away with both these pins or just one??

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

Jay

Admin
There only was one pin in mine mate:

nikon1009fl6.jpg

nikon1018un7.jpg

No pin on the exhaust housing?

Shouldn't be a problem to remove both mate.

Jay

Admin
Is no problem.

I'm struggling to get that fecking circlip back on - I don't have any proper circlip pliers which makes things a little tricky. My spare pliers are about to meet Mr B. Grinder shortly :D

Nick_P

Member +
Haha,
yeah the circlip is a royal pain in the ass if you dont have any propper circlip pliers.

remove both pins......file/grind off the one on the exhaust housing
and take out the pin on the compressor side

would make rotating much easier..just becareful not to damage any blades...especially on the compressor side which seems to be the more difficult side to deal with

OH by the way JAY..i anxiously await (i am sure u know what i'm talking about...lol)

and that compressor snap ring is VERY difficult and tuff.becareful with it.......we had to grind down a circlip pliers even more to get it to hold in ,,,as it kept slipping

Nick_P

Member +
remove both pins......file/grind off the one on the exhaust housing
and take out the pin on the compressor side

would make rotating much easier..just becareful not to damage any blades...especially on the compressor side which seems to be the more difficult side to deal with

OH by the way JAY..i anxiously await (i am sure u know what i'm talking about...lol)

and that compressor snap ring is VERY difficult and tuff.becareful with it.......we had to grind down a circlip pliers even more to get it to hold in ,,,as it kept slipping

Cheers Gorganl:)