rotating turbo to fit fmic

liamgtturbo

Member +
ive been told i have to rotate the turbo in order for me pipe to fit. Has anyone got a guide for this is it just flipping the housing upside down

GTdan

In The Closet
thought rotating turbos would be the same regardless of model - oh well i learned something new :)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
thought rotating turbos would be the same regardless of model - oh well i learned something new :)

Dunno about the blitz turbo but that tutorial only shows how to rotate the wasgate side, (not the compressor side)and you have to give it a few smacks of a hammer and chisel to prise it open,but be careful the chisel doesnt go through the wasgate housing lol

liamgtturbo

Member +
yeh sori ct9 and bens blitz front mount i got circlip pliers off my bro for it is it just rotated 180 til the turbo outlet is pointin down

liamgtturbo

Member +
no the pipe is small and angled. There is only one way the pipe wil fit. Ben told me to rotate the turbo and just want to no how altho he did try to explain lol in one ear out the other. the blitz front mount piping doesnt mess about just straight in and out

Gilly2006

Member +
to rotate the compressor housing you will have to take the turbo off which is abit of nightmare!i don't think its possible to do with it on the car. the space is too tight. if you plan to do it there is a big cir-clip at the back of the compressor housing, once thats off you will be able to move it round. its been a while since i took my CT9 to pieces but im sure thats the way i could do it.

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
I think you could clock it without taking it apart or even removing it; simply rotate the compressor housing downwards. I don't think the CT9 has a locating pin, I know my brothers CT20 does but I've had to semi-clock the turbo to move it out the way when removing the bottom left mani-head nut and it moved freely/fine.

Jay

Admin
I think you could clock it without taking it apart or even removing it; simply rotate the compressor housing downwards. I don't think the CT9 has a locating pin, I know my brothers CT20 does but I've had to semi-clock the turbo to move it out the way when removing the bottom left mani-head nut and it moved freely/fine.

The CT9 has a locating pin mate, sounds like yours is broken if it's rotating freely.

ChrisGT

Member +
The CT9 has a locating pin mate, sounds like yours is broken if it's rotating freely.

Ah maybe mine doesn't have one then! Was a Turbo Technic rebuild and has a different compressor housing as well! So who knows! lol