• autotune ballymena

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_ep91

Member +
after the good turnout at the last meet i just thought i throw up a thread to see if there was any interest in attending a r/r day for the irish lads on here.any ideas and suggestions greatly welcome.

Galen

Lifer
That'd be cool, only places I know of are Westward engineering in Enfield or Couture Auto in Dunboyne.

rob.94.gt

Member +
ye i would be up for that

got it done before but turbo was wanked so have to get one put in on tuesday so be nice to see what i get

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Depending on time frame i'd be up for it. Not a fan of westward engineering though

Franza1

do you mind me asking why ive only ever heard good things about him

Mate of mine has a GTI-R, He gave him basically 15K euro, Martin Tracy had to do all of the engine work on the car ( including replacing a valve ), We basically took the whole car apart and dropped the engine up to him and collected it afterwards, we brought the car up to him to tune it and he wouldn't even adjust the timing said he had to get it done and come back to him, mate ran it in properly and he basically made 260 BHP with fuel mods ( bear in mind lots of owners are seeing around 300bhp with less than what was done to his car), 2 or 3 weeks later after loads and loads of mechanically related problems ( car cutting out, dropping idle and not allowing to rev over 2K, Etc. ) the car was blowing about 2 L of oil out the breather, Basically Tracey didn't want to know anything about it, the mate just lost all love for the car and it's parked up now for the past 8 months. He still has to take it apart but most of the people he has quized have come to the same conclusion he fucked up the build. that and numerious other stories i have heard about him just being a lazy arse tuner.

Mike_ep91

Member +
id be on for couture auto or if anyone has any other ideas of places that will take a large amount of cars in one day.

rob.94.gt

Member +
Mate of mine has a GTI-R, He gave him basically 15K euro, Martin Tracy had to do all of the engine work on the car ( including replacing a valve ), We basically took the whole car apart and dropped the engine up to him and collected it afterwards, we brought the car up to him to tune it and he wouldn't even adjust the timing said he had to get it done and come back to him, mate ran it in properly and he basically made 260 BHP with fuel mods ( bear in mind lots of owners are seeing around 300bhp with less than what was done to his car), 2 or 3 weeks later after loads and loads of mechanically related problems ( car cutting out, dropping idle and not allowing to rev over 2K, Etc. ) the car was blowing about 2 L of oil out the breather, Basically Tracey didn't want to know anything about it, the mate just lost all love for the car and it's parked up now for the past 8 months. He still has to take it apart but most of the people he has quized have come to the same conclusion he fucked up the build. that and numerious other stories i have heard about him just being a lazy arse tuner.

jesus i never would of thought that being honest

ive only ever being up there once to put the car on the rollers want entirely happy with the figures he gave me but just thought it could of being the car

but after hearing that think my mind changed

Franza1

That sounds good to me Mike, i have a few bits to do to mine yet before it's ready for the rollers

Mike_ep91

Member +
its lookin good lads if your interested throw the name down to get a rough idea of numbers.
can possibly organise this for march-april.

1.mike_ep91

Status
Not open for further replies.