rx7 intercooler

ChrisGT

Member +
I just bought one off of a member on here, they do come up in the classifieds every now and then and on eBay. Or try and find something breaking a turbo II rx7l Keep checking :p

Just out of interest, what power are you aiming for with it and with what mods?
cheers!

DWB

Member +
does it just bolt straight in the same place as thestanderd one, or wot do u hav 2 do?

C

CaL

yes akki he knows that....he just doesnt know where to find one...as its hard to get then now....i have a rare cooler off a rare late rx7.....i just stretched the standard pipe to fit....free and works....

TurboDave

Member +
Duh .. try RX7 Forums... thats the best place

I think thats a bit of a needless reply tbh and not very helpfull at all.

If you want a RX7 tmic which fits as there are several different types, if you go asking on a RX7 forum they arnt going to have a clue what one you need. They occaisionally pop up for sale on ebay and keep a check on the for sale section, put a wanted post up and I know that Toby got one for a mate off the Yahoo auctions.

Hope this helps

Dave

A

Animal GT

y do u even want 1????jus geta fmic a far better job

Dave.

Member +
i know lol ;)

on answer to the topic watch the classifieds here and ebay (As mentioned :) )

Dave

fergalb

Member +
sound montanajr ya im loking for about 180 brake at the moment i have a hks acuater,blitz air filter,apexi safc,sard fuel pressure regulater,hks fuel cut defender,hks speed limit defencer,full tanabe exauste sard termostat,trd metal head gasket think thats it lad nice gt by the way

monka

Member +
tmics have less lag and are cheaper by far

cheaper by far? what you been looking at.
rx 7's are cheap cus they are off another car, not always a direct fit unless already made for the 4efte, i dono how much standard ones are new but but 2nd hand are cheap.

but to get a decent one, arc or somin, even second hand ones are on the dark side of £200 usually, nearly 5 for new.

you can get front mounts for £300 now.

ChrisGT

Member +
sound montanajr ya im loking for about 180 brake at the moment i have a hks acuater,blitz air filter,apexi safc,sard fuel pressure regulater,hks fuel cut defender,hks speed limit defencer,full tanabe exauste sard termostat,trd metal head gasket think thats it lad nice gt by the way

cheers fella! Got a good spec there mate. What boost you planning on running with the rex cooler then?

TurboDave

Member +
cheaper by far? what you been looking at.
rx 7's are cheap cus they are off another car, not always a direct fit unless already made for the 4efte, i dono how much standard ones are new but but 2nd hand are cheap.

but to get a decent one, arc or somin, even second hand ones are on the dark side of £200 usually, nearly 5 for new.

you can get front mounts for £300 now.

I call 60 quid for a rx7 tmic compared to 300 quid for a budget fmic with 90 degree bends all over the place far better.

Obviously you dont know much about the rx7 tmic's, all you need is the right type of cooler and a 90 degree elbow and your sorted.

Hardly rocket science.

monka

Member +
I call 60 quid for a rx7 tmic compared to 300 quid for a budget fmic with 90 degree bends all over the place far better.

Obviously you dont know much about the rx7 tmic's, all you need is the right type of cooler and a 90 degree elbow and your sorted.

Hardly rocket science.

not seen the new ones toby etc selling then.

also ever looked at the vent when an rx 7 one is fitted?

standard airflow can get to all of the cooler,
but fit an rx7 one and it starts about 1/2 2/3's way up, so airflow is reduced. yeah more cooling area, but less airflow.

TurboDave

Member +
not seen the new ones toby etc selling then.

also ever looked at the vent when an rx 7 one is fitted?

standard airflow can get to all of the cooler,
but fit an rx7 one and it starts about 1/2 2/3's way up, so airflow is reduced. yeah more cooling area, but less airflow.

The rx7 intercoolers are thicker and more efficent.

Yes I used to have one and last week I put one on a mates GT.

What do you mean by less airflow?