RX7 + V8 CHEVY Engine

Dan3SGTE

Member +
love it apart from the wheels... i though they were photoshoped, dont look real.... apart from them the whole car looks amazing.....

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I duno if it's just me.....

But i'd much prefare the rotary TT engine in a rex....

its not just u som.. personally i DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT!! theres nothing that beats the sound of a rotary engine!! if he wanted a more savage sound he should have gone for a 4-rotor :rockon:

Timmy

Member +
seen it before, this car has been round a bit i've heard. Not the normal v8 conversion for an fd. I hate the bonnet bulge and alloys.
Rotary FTW!

Aga

Member +
its not something new to the states, they are doing this conversion a lot. what is really surprising is that the LS engine is the same weight as the wankel!!

well this one is FUCKIN UGLY and it has a carburator =shit

at least the ones i have seen are new type, fuel injected = 350 hp NA

Timmy

Member +
Unfortuantly i would say that small block is quite old and possible cast iron.
More common are the newer ls1,2,5,7s Your looking at about 450bhp and 450 ftlbs of torque. And you don't have to rebuild the engine at 60-80k. And due to them being aluminium you keep the 50:50 weight balance.
But tbh a big single turbo is more fun plus the rotary sound is great. If i were going v8 i would have it in a yank car to start with.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no matter if its a jet engine you still keep the rotory thats wat a rx is all about! like you said keep the big blocks for the tanks lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
rotories dont do it for me.... i dont know why..... I love RX7's but would never have one... there is something missing from them and i just cannot put my finger on it....

EDIT.... although i am fond of the triple/quad rotors i must say

Gord R

Member +
This car has been forsale so many times now , quite alot of info about it on MRC.

As a big rx7/rotary fan , im not so keen on the engine swap. But each to their own.

Monkfish

Member +
What a heap of Barried shit and a complete waste of an RX7. :flame:

Why remove the marvel of lightweight engineering that is the Wankel Rotary engine to fit a massive lump of pig iron that has less bhp/litre than a chicken chaser and makes the bodywork look like the automotive equivalent of the Elephant Man?

Also, would you buy a car off someone that WRITES ENTIRELY IN CAPITOLS WITH AN ABUNDANCE OF SPELLING MISTAKES? I know I wouldn't.