SAFC on 4efte

elton

Member +
Heard that no matter how we tune, our engine's fuelling is linked to our ignition, hence the self learning ability of our ECU will revert the fuelling back to its original settings even after tuning the saFC?

Seanmcn

Member +
Doesnt the engine only barely correct itself to fuel adjustments anyway?
but not enough to gret back to standard.

elton

Member +
Of course, an e-manage will be a different story.

The SAFC only works when the ignition is also tuned by ITC>?

sx_turbo

Lifer
no the safc works with or without the itc.

but the safc and the itc together works extremely well, my tuner was really impressed with them for what they were.

in a way i wish i had sorted out my ct9 hybrid setup and sorted the boost issue and kept the engine management i had, see how far i could push it.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
use a fuel pressure regulator to up the fuelling to what you want on full boost, and then trim the fuelling back down .

you dont use the safc to add fuel, only to take away

monka

Member +
setting the AFC to one of these programs, the user is able to adjust injected fuel amounts by +/- 50%. 12 user defined RPM adjustment points allow for fine tuning in 200 RPM increments. Fuel can also be adjusted for part or full throttle situations.

just found that on the apexi site

monka

Member +
depends really.

if you have put a hybrid or td04 etc on, you'll be running leaner, so you can add fuel

fur

Member +
a safc can add or trim fuel
like an emanage the safc is subjected to the same closed loop correction based on oxygen sensor signal, however in open loop (WOT) it doesn't matter and the car will work on the values given by the safc

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
so runnning 15 psi on a t3 will i be seeing some gains with an safc II ? i mean whats this about fuelcut etc?