sard fpr or apexi safc

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
sard fpr £120 or apexi safc £135
which would b better im pritty much standard but my boost is set at 1 bar without an ajustable actuator. so need to sort fueling so i can start puting my foot down no tickling it and keeping my ear on boost gauge and staying at 0.6 bar

Last edited:

glanzanut

Lifer
whats the question?lol:freddy:
which should you get? you need a fpr to run a safc. a safc is used to trim down the fuel which you have risen with the fpr

I will hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.lol.
Could you use a Apexi SAFC along with a Jam ECU or do you need a FPR? As the Jam overfuels I was thinking of using the SAFC to trim the fueling for a better map, is this possible?.
Christy

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
it had a jam fcd wen i got it. and i dint no owt about the car i.e safe boost pressure or owt ran it for 5 month and engine blew and took the turbo with it. so swaped the engine and dif turbo and its still at a bar of pressure so not taking my chances and on tickling the throttle and fethering it wen boost reaches bout .6 .7 bar of boost.
wo guna get a fpr but saw the apexi safc and thouth this did same but wi a little more fine tuning

glanzanut

Lifer
I will hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.lol.
Could you use a Apexi SAFC along with a Jam ECU or do you need a FPR? As the Jam overfuels I was thinking of using the SAFC to trim the fueling for a better map, is this possible?.
Christy

if ur jam over fuels i cant see any reason a safc wouldnt be able to trim it down. provided the overfuelling outside the safc peramiters.:freddy:

glanzanut

Lifer
it had a jam fcd wen i got it. and i dint no owt about the car i.e safe boost pressure or owt ran it for 5 month and engine blew and took the turbo with it. so swaped the engine and dif turbo and its still at a bar of pressure so not taking my chances and on tickling the throttle and fethering it wen boost reaches bout .6 .7 bar of boost.
wo guna get a fpr but saw the apexi safc and thouth this did same but wi a little more fine tuning

no bud get the fpr first then if u want a better tune buy a safc later:freddy:

if ur jam over fuels i cant see any reason a safc wouldnt be able to trim it down. provided the overfuelling outside the safc peramiters.:freddy:

Well the guy from the rolling road said it runs rich, Im going to put it on the rollers again with all the modification done and see how ruch it actually is, so just wanted the SAFC as an option to get a slightly better tune and hopefully more hp, just wanted to make sure it would work. Thanks for the help mate, repped.
Christy

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
thanks iv seen a fse fpr for 80quid and a sard one for 120 is ther much diference i know the sard is better quiality but is it 40 quid better

glanzanut

Lifer
fse will do the job fine bud plenty of guys using them on here no probs. they will be gd enough quality. just make sure it has the rail adapter ect:freddy:

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
will a fpr run it rich wen on no boost an fine wen im on boost (wen set up i no lol ) or does it change through revs/boost readings

glanzanut

Lifer
its whats called a rising rate fuel pressure regulator bud. so you will set an off boost idle base pressure. and the regulator rises it:freddy:

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
o nice1 cheer i thought u set a pressure and it stayed at that lol noobie wi stuff like this hence the blow first engine.
gunna forge it tho. tempted to do it my self tho lol oni wanting a nice 230bhp prob td04 or could i get that from a hybrid ct9. dnt want much lag thats all.
not wanting a monster just fast usable power on road

glanzanut

Lifer
if u want fast usable power for on road and not massive power dont bother forging it. get a decent hybrid with an e-manage and see 200bhp will be plenty quick:freddy:

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
wo oni guna forge it as iv got a spare engine laying about. n the 1 iv got in has high milage.
would i b better rebuilding it standard and spending the rest on a decent front mount. emanager. clutch. brakes. hybrid ct9 or td04 at a bar

Last edited:

Glanza_cl

Member +
Enzo at tong turbo's it developing a new externally gated hybrid that is capable of 240bhp i think that would be best for your cause.

nd as long as you look after your engine regularly service it, it will quite happily cope with 200bhp with good management but if you want more, you might wanna forge.

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
im oni after a fast road will the hybrids b ok on standard internals. what pressure iv heard 1.2 bar is about the max to go to