Say Goodbye glanza!hello mr2 turbo or galant vr4

jones1985

Fresh Recruit
Its time to move on :( its bin fun but time for something much faster!either a mr2 turbo rev3 onwards or perhaps a galant vr4 what you guys think?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
VR4's are known to eat wheel bearings for fun and have a very high running costs. Mate of mine was looking at a Lignum VR4 but decided agenst it for that very fact, they are a very quick car though around 6 sec 0 - 60 i believe

gv1.3

Admin
Franza1 said:
they are a very quick car though around 6 sec 0 - 60 i believe

unless you happen to meet Deano some dark night... then you're toast... 0-60 drops to 12 seconds then.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
unless you happen to meet Deano some dark night... then you're toast... 0-60 drops to 12 seconds then.

Ha Ha that goes without saying theese days, did you know he has a special turbo on the car that actually moves the universe around the car. So Physics does not apply to the car on full throttle!!

GTnomez

Member +
the vr4 arent much, i suprised the owner of one, his was the galant estate version and my jaw dropped when i found out it was a 2.5 v6 twin turbo and his jaw dropped when he found out mine was a 1.3 turbo!!!

nexia201

Member +
Ha Ha that goes without saying theese days, did you know he has a special turbo on the car that actually moves the universe around the car. So Physics does not apply to the car on full throttle!!

and remember tha his would still be that 1% better than 6sec 0-60 :rockon:

Kelly

Member +
We might be picking our legnum vr4 up this weekend been researching them alot seem like pretty good cars! But we needed a jap car with 4 doors and a huge boot but still abit of fun and that suited the bill perfectly!

cameroon95

Member +
My girlfriends next door neighbour has had loads of problems with his. Thousands spent and it still isn't even road worthy.

To see the stress he went through has put me off for life.

Dont they car mr2s ditchfinders?:confused:

Kelly

Member +
My girlfriends next door neighbour has had loads of problems with his. Thousands spent and it still isn't even road worthy.

To see the stress he went through has put me off for life.

Dont they car mr2s ditchfinders?:confused:

which car you referring too?

Yes mr2 turbos are known as ditchfinders! they live up to the name too! :p

Elaine

Lifer
I have only herd good things about the galant vr4 I have to say. I have some friends that have them due to having kids/dogs and they seem to be really nice. So much room and very cool to look at on track I have to say.

The MR2 is a great car, like with anything you just need to drive it how it should be driven. The ass end does like to step out and yes it might catch you out but most the time when driven to the road conditions there ace! One of my all time fav cars I have to say. Great for in and about town good on motor ways and if your a track minded person there’s just something about them. Parts are not over expensive either and as long as you do still with a Rev 3 or above the electronics should not be a problem either

GTti

Member +
the vr4 arent much, i suprised the owner of one, his was the galant estate version and my jaw dropped when i found out it was a 2.5 v6 twin turbo and his jaw dropped when he found out mine was a 1.3 turbo!!!

Not all Galant estates are VR4's (Twin Turbo), they're mainly N/A 2.5 V6's. I'm also not sure that your starlet can do over 150mph?

The main issues with the auto version of the VR4 is the torque converter seal leaking and that requires the gearbox to be removed.

Car needs alot of oil, but then what big car doesn't? Fuel economy is poor but then the car is value for money! AYC and ASC will see it beating a starlet around corners :p

sx_turbo

Lifer
Just seems odd, that even although i dont know much about them that i know this fact though.

it's only myth.

the rev 1 mr2's were poor at handling (between the years of 89 -92)

toyota knew this and then revamped the chassis to rev2 and ironed out the problems with the 1st one,

rev3, was more of a behind the scenes revamp with reliabilty etc

Kelly

Member +
A woman in wigan bought an mr2 turbo off a lad and died that night in it due to accelerating and it catching her out. :-s

Also a friend of ours let his misses drive his modded mr2 and on a dual carraigeway she put her foot down and ended up facing the wrong way :s

i know its about the driver too but stories like that would scare me to get in one :p

Hopefully picking our vr4 up on sunday i think a photo is in order of how many friends we can get in the boot and take a pic lol the car is hugeeee but doesnt feel like its a big estate when driving it.