Seagull Attack!!!

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
So heres the story..

There was a nest on my house roof for a while and just recently the egg has cracked and a little baby seagull has hatched.. Now everytime the baby is walking about out the nest, his mum, dad and seagull mates circle round my house and attack all passer byes - INCLUDING ME!! Me and my mum sat in the car for over half an hour in the drive way the other day because we couldn't get in the house for them swooping at us!!

Anyone had this problem??? :(

I'v tried using a umbarella and running but then they squawk haha

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i had that once with black crows lol!

there was a weird black crow that would sit on the roof next door, as soon as you walked out the front it would swoop down and try get u haha.

snuck out the bathroom window so i could see onto the over house when the birdwas there and got him with a super soaker ahhahah!

it never came back

Jay

Admin
Ring RSPB and ask for guidance. They can advise on a bird-friendly solution. :)

Otherwise I'm sure the usual suspects will be screaming "TARGET PRACTICE" inside a few posts..

EDIT : It's started already. LMAO

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
Lol! Sorted i'll go to asda and get a water gun!

I'v near enough became house bound because they don't let me out my house and once i'm out - I can't get back in haha :(

I tried phoning up places like that and they said its illegal to remove a seagulls nest - have to wait for the baby to grow up and fly away! Could be a couple weeks :(

Last edited:
it sure is illegal but they can move it though! think the main issue is the fact u cant touch it as it could get abandoned lol!!

but at the end of the day its ur house and they are invading it lol!! shoot it we the super soaker lol

Timmy

Member +
Are you sure it is illeagle i thought they were vermin. Ring pest control and have them exterminated.

sure is like as i had that problem at work so i ended up gettin the boy i work with to move it i was sick of my car being shiny white then multicoloured brown and green blobs lol!!!!

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Sea birds are protected, so don't do anything that people can see... ;)

Personally, I feckin hate them, so would deal with the problem in my own unique way... :shoot:

Step one - buy a hat.

Step two - be proud that your humble dwelling has played host to the miracle of life, and the undeniable right of any species to protect its young as best as it knows how.

scotty01

Member +
By the way certain gulls are not protected and can be culled under a general licence.:p :shoot:
The species is the key,
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/g/greatblackbackedgull/index.asp
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/h/herringgull/index.asp
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/l/lesserblackbackedgull/index.asp
These fuckers are the problem birds!
The herring gull is most probably what you have,they are nasty bastids when they have chicks or eggs! They will swoop on you and smack the back f your head with their feet if you are lucky,if not theyshit and puke on you! That is not fun as it fuckin stinks!
I have been egg oiling and placing dummy eggs in nests in city centres to stop the eggs hatching. Dive bombed by them is not exactly a fun time when on a roof

herbie

Member +
Seagulls in Aberdeen are pretty hardcore.

They will even attack you if they see you eating in the city centre, Ive witnessed many seagulls dissapearing with peoples burgers - much to my amusement LOL :p

There was also a seagull that everyday went into a corner shop and stole a bag of crips!! It was on the news LOL

clelland

Fresh Recruit
how good a fling do have ok you say?

step 1....find a neighbour with a cat that has a taste for bird

step 2... fling that mangey bastard on the roof with the gulls

step 3... sit back and watch the fun the birds up above gettin nasty with the neighbours pussy

Gryzor

Admin
Wet%20Cat.JPG