Should i go Hybrid tdo4 or jut normal td04???

JasonG

Member +
well lads as above should i do hybrid td04 or stick to normal td04??
my glanza is standard anuf!!!im goin td04 but nt sure which one??
wat wud be my power gains on each off them??
and is hybrid td04 anygood???and reliable???

Last edited:
No real need for 2 identical threads buddy.

Really it's how you will use the car is down to what blower you will want. Although a td04 is said to be a nice jack of all trades.

im in the middle of td04 myself. i myself went through the td04 or hybrid stage. def td04, asx i hear the hybrid td04 is very expensive, and ones on here actually told me to not bother.£400... bought an external wastegate off ebay for lik 50quid, and a td04 roated with internal gate welded for 70quid. MONEY MONEY MONEY, but id say il not regret it. i

JasonG

Member +
im in the middle of td04 myself. i myself went through the td04 or hybrid stage. def td04, asx i hear the hybrid td04 is very expensive, and ones on here actually told me to not bother.£400... bought an external wastegate off ebay for lik 50quid, and a td04 roated with internal gate welded for 70quid. MONEY MONEY MONEY, but id say il not regret it. i

sound man...i heard hybrid very hard ta run!!!and mines gona be my daily driver!!ye seen ur glanza looks mint lad and a nice spec!!!best a luck with it!!!and thanks for help bud!!and i doubt youll regret goin td04!!i cant wait too:)

churcherj

Member +
from the research ive read, hybrid td04's arnt really worth the extra money compared to the stock td04l, nor have they really been proven to give greater power gains. Im sure the larger compressor may help power slightly, im not denying that, but considering its huge price tag over a stock td04l, i wouldnt really consider it as an option. Just my opinion tho :) how much power do you wana run? the stock td04l with a good tune at around 1.4 bar can make 270bhp and good torque....which would make for a very pokey daily driver!

get a external wepr td04 kit, with a .6 bar spring and a boost controller, then u can run it low and high boost with the boostr controller

scot-ish

Member +
there are plenty of different hybrid td04's. depends what your after, what your engine spec is, and the likes. and then you would have a specific hybrid built for what your after.

JasonG

Member +
from the research ive read, hybrid td04's arnt really worth the extra money compared to the stock td04l, nor have they really been proven to give greater power gains. Im sure the larger compressor may help power slightly, im not denying that, but considering its huge price tag over a stock td04l, i wouldnt really consider it as an option. Just my opinion tho :) how much power do you wana run? the stock td04l with a good tune at around 1.4 bar can make 270bhp and good torque....which would make for a very pokey daily driver!

thanks man...im looking for 250bhp or around that:)

J25GTi

Lifer
No, could just cost you a fortune!

Don't buy an ebay wastegate. Cos its cheap and crap. If it fails your engine will just explode basically...

Do it once, do it right. Get a decent wastegate, your engine will thank you...

JasonG

Member +
No, could just cost you a fortune!

Don't buy an ebay wastegate. Cos its cheap and crap. If it fails your engine will just explode basically...

Do it once, do it right. Get a decent wastegate, your engine will thank you...

ori and wer wud i get one???is it alri to get a td04 turbo off ebay???rep added

J25GTi

Lifer
I'd go onto scoobynet and get a td04 they are way cheaper.

Wastegates go for tial, turbosmart, sard, blitz, trust etc.

You need to check the flange and make sure it matches up to the manifold you have as some are square and some are diamond.

Zisco do one by a company called z sports. But I don't know what they are like!