Should I repair or transplant

gtsi

Member +
Here are some pictures of my GT after my accident in November. Currently registered off road.

Picture_2.JPG

Picture_3.JPG

Picture_4.JPG

Picture_5.JPG

Picture_7.JPG

Picture_8.JPG

Picture_9.JPG

Do you think I should repair the damage? ...

Or transplant the brakes, engine, etc into this...

Picture_10.JPG

cheers

gtsi

gtsi

Member +
Just the thought of cutting out the front bar and replacing it and I need to check under the wing as well, since the front edge of the door meets the back edge of the wing.

Momin

Member +
Thats fuck all damage mate! Iv repaired my car myself that waas much worse and its drives perfectly fine.

All you need to do is get the slam panel straightened, Headlight, grill, bumper and a wing.

Thinking about it it would take about 2-3 hours to repair that with a Pulley and get a professional finish.

starbogt

Member +
insurance is quite high on converted uk specs for some bizzare reason.. Ask Dub_se7en

+ Quad light looks much better

gokart

Member +
Definatly repair it!

This is mine

crash.jpg

And Im getting that back at the end of next weeks! So yours is definatly repairable!

gtsi

Member +
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Gokart, That puts my damage into perspective.

The white EP91 is a Jap Reflet (base model), only creature comfort is the basic aircon, no electric windows or central locking and not even a rear wiper, oh and a 4-speed box. The interior is a bit shabby with a ripped drivers seat.

Mind you even non-turbo, it pulls away like a demon.

It is my wifes car, but with the settlement on the way and our 6 month old son, she would like a 4 door car with more boot space, guess where the settlement is going.

If I fix mine (no garage, so I will have to fix it on the drive) then we will have to get rid of Reflet, don't really know how much we would get for it.

Will get the front of the GT stripped to get a better idea of what needs to be straightened/replaced.

sx_turbo

Lifer
looking at that damage again that looks very very similar to the damage on the front of mine. if the back of mine didnt have as much damage as it does, me and my old man could have that repaired in a weekend providing we had all the parts sitting there ready.

the headlights are £170 + vat i beleive from dealer, and come pre painted.

the bumper was about £260+vat i think and this also comes prepainted hence the price.