Sidewinder Exhaust - First Pics!

MJA

Member +
Here are the first ever pics of Sacha's new sidewinder exhaust

I'd imagine it will sit very similar to the Blitz NUR spec

It's being fitted next weekend, so i'l get some more pics up once it's on the car

Adam_Glanza

Member +
definetly looks like a lovely exhaust, but im put off by them apprently sounding tractorish which i really hate lol.. but the design + quality of it is faultless

MJA

Member +
doesnt look that different to the wepr system i got a year ago. fooking loud tho :)

i had a look at yours when you were parked in portsmouth uni car park last saturday night:p

main difference is the back box i think, yours is a bit more oval-shaped

wickedep

Trader
hey mate..
it doesnt sound tractorish at all. the sound is deep and loud. anyone who says otherwise is a smelly clit :p

sacha
wickedEP Racing

definetly looks like a lovely exhaust, but im put off by them apprently sounding tractorish which i really hate lol.. but the design + quality of it is faultless

hubbygt

Member +
:quadgt:thats reasuring sacha lol,will look forward to recieving mine soon mate.the cash is on its way mate

MJA

Member +
all fitted now! it sounds amazing :)

I didn't have any trouble with boost creep/spike etc on the way home. floored it in all gers and the boost held perfectly

It's worth pointing out that running an Autobahn FMIC will leave you with massive clearence problems due to the lamda sensor

my car is off the road again now, becasue of the clearence problems.

the intercooler turbo pipe is pushing very hard against the lamda sensor. We managed to bend the pipe a little in order to fit it back on the car, but as a result of this the radiator fan, gearbox, battery earth and radiator brackets are all cutting into the intercooler pipes at 4 different points!

the only problem with the exhaust is that it hits the chassis when going over bumpy bits of road (at the back, where the pipework crosses over the rear axle) so i need to find way to stop it

Craig

Lifer
the only problem with the exhaust is that it hits the chassis when going over bumpy bits of road (at the back, where the pipework crosses over the rear axle) so i need to find way to stop it

Some heat wrap would probably stop it making a noise when hitting the axle? would still be hitting though...

dac69er

Super Moderator
who fitted it? usually with a bit of messing abot you can get it to a point where it doesnt hit!?