sky insurance

jam35

Member +
has anyone else on here had nothing but trouble since moving over to them??
i switched my insurance policy over to sky 2 months ago and i have had to phone them several times they have taken the wrong amount for the direct debit twice and by quite a fair bit and have also taken the direct debit twice on the wrong date(ten days before it was due)also when i phone and speak to someone they promise the earth and nothing happens any way rant over so much for good customer service

GTdan

In The Closet
sky are just the broker, they sort the insurance out for you with the actual insurance provider, so it may not actually be there fault with regards to DD amoutn and date.

dac69er

Super Moderator
sky are just the broker, they sort the insurance out for you with the actual insurance provider, so it may not actually be there fault with regards to DD amoutn and date.

surely as they are the broker, you would pay the broker and then they pay the insurance company? it works that way with adrian flux anyway, you pay adrian flux the money, the the insurance company itself!

addz

Member +
Pretty sure the broker in this case being sky takes there own fee??

Maybe wrong but thats the impression i got.

Phenom

Member +
has anyone else on here had nothing but trouble since moving over to them??
i switched my insurance policy over to sky 2 months ago and i have had to phone them several times they have taken the wrong amount for the direct debit twice and by quite a fair bit and have also taken the direct debit twice on the wrong date(ten days before it was due)also when i phone and speak to someone they promise the earth and nothing happens any way rant over so much for good customer service

This thread won't last long fella.
Ollie will remove it post haste.
Can't be showing SKY in a negative light.

It goes against the Corporate image....................you know.........;)

herbie

Member +
Im not too pleased with them either. I sold my Glanza and bought an Evo. Sky quoted me £1600 to subsitute my policy :haha: Got a quote elsewhere for under £600, therefore I cancelled my policy with Sky.
I still have not recieved my refund due from Sky. Instead they claim to have given my refund to the finance company for cancellation fee's (as I was paying monthly). I have contacted the finance company and they have no record of recieving anything from Sky. Someones lying! It would have been so much easier if Sky refunded me straight to my credit card then I could of settled any outstanding balance with the finance company by myself - at least I know everythings been settled then!
Thats been over a month this has been going on for.
I'll be really angry If I recieve any letters from debt recovery agencies.

skyinsurance

Member +
I am resticted on what I can say in response to the OP's post however my customer service manager is looking in to this and will speak to the OP at lunchtime today as arranged. We are 100% confident that we have done nothing wrong in this case but as I say, I am restricted by what I can say.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

skyinsurance

Member +
This thread won't last long fella.
Ollie will remove it post haste.
Can't be showing SKY in a negative light.

It goes against the Corporate image....................you know.........;)

I do not have moderator rights outside of the Sky Insurance forum section so unless this post is moved there by a moderaor, it will not go anywhere.

You seem to be smarting after the last time I removed one of your posts form a discussion in the Sky section, as I explained to you:

Your post was completly irrevelant and added nothing to the discussion, hence why it was removed.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

skyinsurance

Member +
Im not too pleased with them either. I sold my Glanza and bought an Evo. Sky quoted me £1600 to subsitute my policy

Hi,

I've sent you a PM so I can look into this.

The reason we would have been uncompetitive on the Evo is the fact that they are excluded from our car club scheme due to a bad claims/loss ratio so we would have been unable to apply any of our usual discounts.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Phenom

Member +
I do not have moderator rights outside of the Sky Insurance forum section so unless this post is moved there by a moderaor, it will not go anywhere.

You seem to be smarting after the last time I removed one of your posts form a discussion in the Sky section, as I explained to you:

Your post was completly irrevelant and added nothing to the discussion, hence why it was removed.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

"completely irrevelant" - Your opinion.

No Ollie it wasn't. - My opinion.

I am fully aware that you have no moderation rights within this section, but no doubt you'll be having a word hey.............

skyinsurance

Member +
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

No I will not be 'having a word'.. as I say, we have nothing wrong here and I have better things to do with my time.

My apologies for my poor spelling, typed in a rush.

Ollie

Last edited:

Phenom

Member +
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

No I will not be 'having a word'.. as I say, we have nothing wrong here and I have better things to do with my time.

My apologies for my poor spelling, typed in a rush.

Ollie

Oh Hum..........................;)

Shak-gt

Member +
I have a little bit of trouble but when i called them it was all sorted and they were very helpful, apart from the fact that the letter are very demanding as i was unaware of any situation and slightly off putting....but never mind

y3Lo

Member +
well i've never had a problem with them personally, always been very good to me, when ever i phone there is someone to speak to and there very helpfull.

this is the 2nd year i've been insured with them also.

Shorty

Member +
i have phoned to add to named drivers on my car and after speaking to one lad who said he would phone back he never bothered good job the named drivers have theire own cars to use aswell otherwise they would have been stuffed! that was over a month ago and still no call back lol always polite and helpful when i phone them and a competative price but not so grate at picking up the phone and calling you back, guess it keeps their phone bill down is a ression after all :D

jam35

Member +
My girlfriend spoke to Richard Kemp today, he was looking in to another issue we had where someone phoned my girlfriends phone and started telling the person on the other end that there was on overdue amount that needed to be paid immediately without checking who this person actually was and so breaching the data protection act. That call seems to have gone missing, suprisingly. Close finance have added a £40 charge for the DD being returned and a £10 charge for not returning the documents outlining our DD payments, we never recieved these documents hence were unable to return them and did not know the DD would be taken on that day so it bounced.
Close finance have offered to reduce the one charge to £20 and remove the other if we send back the documents they are posting out today, but that still leaves us £70 out of pocket(the remaining £20 charge and the £50 bank charges for the DD being returned) They've said if were not happy with that to take it up with sky but sky say they can't do anything as it's Close's charge not theirs.
Could do without all this hassle at the moment to be honest as my girlfriends pregnant and is getting really stressed out by it all.

jam35

Member +
i have phoned to add to named drivers on my car and after speaking to one lad who said he would phone back he never bothered good job the named drivers have theire own cars to use aswell otherwise they would have been stuffed! that was over a month ago and still no call back lol always polite and helpful when i phone them and a competative price but not so grate at picking up the phone and calling you back, guess it keeps their phone bill down is a ression after all :D

We've had the same aswell, out of all the callbacks we've been promised the only ones we've recieved was after we got a quote and they called us back to actually take out the policy and when richard called today after this thread was put up last night.

gv1.3

Admin
I am fully aware that you have no moderation rights within this section, but no doubt you'll be having a word hey.............
A word with who?

My girlfriend spoke to Richard Kemp today, he was looking in to another issue we had where someone phoned my girlfriends phone and started telling the person on the other end that there was on overdue amount that needed to be paid immediately without checking who this person actually was and so breaching the data protection act. That call seems to have gone missing, suprisingly. Close finance have added a £40 charge for the DD being returned and a £10 charge for not returning the documents outlining our DD payments, we never recieved these documents hence were unable to return them and did not know the DD would be taken on that day so it bounced.
Close finance have offered to reduce the one charge to £20 and remove the other if we send back the documents they are posting out today, but that still leaves us £70 out of pocket(the remaining £20 charge and the £50 bank charges for the DD being returned) They've said if were not happy with that to take it up with sky but sky say they can't do anything as it's Close's charge not theirs.
Could do without all this hassle at the moment to be honest as my girlfriends pregnant and is getting really stressed out by it all.

Sounds like a total fuck up mate. You should not have to do the legwork to get this sorted. I am interested to hear what Ollie has to say about this.

Please remember everyone that like any business sometimes things go wrong. I believe the true measure of any business is how they handle situations once they have gone wrong.

jam35

Member +
A word with who?

Sounds like a total fuck up mate. You should not have to do the legwork to get this sorted. I am interested to hear what Ollie has to say about this.

Please remember everyone that like any business sometimes things go wrong. I believe the true measure of any business is how they handle situations once they have gone wrong.

thankyou for that dylan my thoughts exactly:teach: