slight steering wheel vibrations over 90mph.. does this happen to you?

iamlegend

Member +
getting this SLIGHT vibration in the steering wheel when doing speed up to 80-90mph it vibrates alittle...

now this has only happend since fitting new ebc discs/yellow pads and hand brake cables... could be a coincidence??

I have had the following checked by revolution motorstore 3 times now for the following

rota wheels are fine not had a knock etc
wheel balance x4
spigot rings x4
cv joints
suspension is new well bc coilovers

said looked at the steering rack and all seemed great..

does your wheel vibrate ever so slightly at these speeds? as I kno there small cars and I did read a thread ages ago what "starletrick" said this happend to him the steering wheel vibrates over a ton!

any other ideas???

when I say slight vibration in steering wheel it is not mental or anything but can notice it...

other thing mabys the new discs are warped? but surley this would only wiggle on sudden brake which it does not..

toyotagt

Member +
hmmmmmmm I did have a full geo set up couple 7 months ago.....

actually saying that it does full tiny tiny tiny bit to the left....

but will this cause vibrations?

yeah it could cos sine then you could hve hit a bump nd knocked it out... the 2 wheels would be fighing against eash other.... did u get it done since you fited cilovers or anything?

get it done anyway as its cheap and a good thing to do reli.... :) let us no if it fixes it...

Jay

Admin
If it's not under braking it'll not be the brakes mate.

My tracking was out a few weeks back (potholes fecking everywhere here ffs) and it was a bit scary at higher speeds. As Sean says even a pothole on the road could have knocked your geometry out inside the past seven months so it would be worth checking it again, when the car is up on the ramp get them to spin the rims and look for flat spots just in case one has taken a thump too.

Let us know if you find anything,

Jay