cole

Member +
Me and sham met up with a few honda boys today
there was a ef9 that popped and banged for fun,
and a crx with a uk spec teg type r engine conversion
and it went like F##K.

nothing compaires to the sound of the vtec as it changes over
i just thort id say i dono how people on here can hate them there so cool man

i think i want a honda for my next car :)

parkiboy

Member +
i had a 1989 crx for my last car and i do miss it it was a very nice motor and id have one again and turbo it but tbh i do like the starlets more even tho the crx did handle better.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i dont think anyone h8s hondas, people are just envious at times i like them very much,

the h8 of hondas is american mainly neway, the big block people hate little turbo civics stomping there corvettes n vipers lol

Sham

Member +
Hey guys we didnt actually take no pics today but i got this as we were all jus about leaving...
DSC00180.jpg

I took cole for a spin in the EF9 and his mind changed on hondas...lol

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I don't hate hondas, just sheep in wolfs clothing replicas or tarted up looking yokes.

the Honda Type R engine is one of the best engines ever created. Fact! only onw that rivals it for me it the M-Power engines

Sham

Member +
EK9 is b16b engines man, they are 185bhp standard from a 1600cc
Do you remember how fast the revs were shooting to the redline...

affy

Lifer
true fact = honda owners hate starlets lol

i had a honda myself, best engine and car i ever had, depends what honda you have, i had a import prelude 2.2 then sold it to aaronw

for some reason every honda owner hates starlets lol,evrywhere you go i think the 1.3 are wolfs in sheeps clothes lol

Sham

Member +
I text ya bro but you didnt reply i thought u may have been at work, we was 2 mins away from ya work place too...lol

cole

Member +
true fact = honda owners hate starlets lol

i had a honda myself, best engine and car i ever had, depends what honda you have, i had a import prelude 2.2 then sold it to aaronw

for some reason every honda owner hates starlets lol,evrywhere you go i think the 1.3 are wolfs in sheeps clothes lol

well our honda boys was bigging up the starlets
they cant hate them that much ;)

cole

Member +
EK9 is b16b engines man, they are 185bhp standard from a 1600cc
Do you remember how fast the revs were shooting to the redline...

and ye the ek9 flew i think thats what i want next but al have to wait n see ?

gv1.3

Admin
i just thort id say i dono how people on here can hate them there so cool man

i think i want a honda for my next car :)

I think that is a rediculous comment.

People on here appreciate any decently modified cars.

Good luck with the purchase of your Honda.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
A lot of the hate of starlets is down to intimidation. To be honest starlets seem to have it all besides a good chassis.

Let's list the benefits

1331cc in-line 4 cylinder 4EFTE engine which means

Low Petroleum costs for that car it is
Low Taxation
Easily tuned
Bullet Proof

Toyota which means

Unrivaled reliability
relativity easy to get parts for

Small Car

Which means Light weight
easier to park
pretty roomy inside even though they are pretty small. ( you could fit 3 adults in the back )

Styling

as standard they are not a bad car to look at.

Now if the chassis was a better setup then it would have it all. but you can't have everything

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
careful Frankie... they will have the "I hate Honda" Branding Iron heating up waiting to stamp you with it.. haha

So many civics over here in the states but done up really well and so mean looking. In Ireland the majority are tacky looking and shite. Thats why Im always so relived to see a standard EK9 that hasnt been destroyed by some little chav.

Saw a cracking civic with carbon bonnet and boot in dark blue in Arizona earlier this week... it was really really nice!

cole

Member +
the thort of a turbo ek9 sounds like a good combo
boost + vtec they must be awsome

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
then you would be messing with what makes the honda attractive...reliability. If you Turbo any N/A car you need to spend a fair bit to make sure its reliable.

Not entirely sure what the lure of Vtec is... Ive been at dynos before and HEARD a hondas hit Vtec and it gets loud but actually driving an ITR Vtec was no more exciting then my gfs celica vvti... it pulls well and then the engine noise changes and it seems to pull a LITTLE better but nothing to write home about.

I guess people look at it in different ways.. I look at vtec as a way to make a sporty hatchback more economical when driving around town.. I mean The Honda people carriers have vtec engines but I dont see people running out to buy them for perofrmance driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.