smaller rad recommendations please!

dac69er

Super Moderator
looking for a smaller rad so i can run my intercooler to inlet pipe without having to mes about going underneath.
what rad would be sufficient without compromising cooling ability? im going to make a custom frame to hold it anyway. would a civic rad be ok? i would like to keep as big as possible but still alloying enough room to work with, and possibly get a dual core jobby too.

anyone suggest anything? dont wanna spend silly money either

Rory

Lifer
A Civic Vtec Rad will do just fine (92 onwards)
You can get them on Ebay for peanuts and they do the job well.

If these rads can handle a vtec turbo, then they will handle most Starlets on here imo.

Rory

steveep82

Member +
looking for a smaller rad so i can run my intercooler to inlet pipe without having to mes about going underneath.
what rad would be sufficient without compromising cooling ability? im going to make a custom frame to hold it anyway. would a civic rad be ok? i would like to keep as big as possible but still alloying enough room to work with, and possibly get a dual core jobby too.

anyone suggest anything? dont wanna spend silly money either

Look for haste engineering in the usa, i have a 3 row all aluminium civic radiator, looks top quality.

dac69er

Super Moderator
cool. will only be on a ct9 anyway. will it fit in without fouling the turbo as it is thicker than a stock rad!?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Look for haste engineering in the usa, i have a 3 row all aluminium civic radiator, looks top quality.

bet it is costly though isnt it? i dont want it too thick if possible so it doesnt foul the turbo when i move it across to make room for the fmic piping.

dac69er

Super Moderator
hmmm, a brand new stock civic rad is under £100 delivered so i think i may go for that tbh mate. will look flashy enough for me!

dac69er

Super Moderator
no idea. so damn cheap on ebay its a joke! an uprated full alloy civic rad is the same price as a cheap replacement starlet one!?

Jay

Admin
I have a Daihatsu Charade radiator that I've been planning on fitting to something for a while now. Would really need the lower mounting brackets moved to sit it properly. Something I ain't had time to mess with just yet.