smokey joe

medders

Member +
hi all. my starlet done about 66k now and it really smokey wen sat in traffic,, i dunno if this is fuellin or wot it not blue smoke jus smelly petrol smoke...could the turbo b on it way out?? :gt-smilie:

59bhp

Member +
depends how bad it is mate, you said the smoke wasnt blue? what color is it?

Not being funny but are you sure its not just condensation becuase of the cold weather or it actual smoke? how thick is it?

Are you using any oil at all?

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
does it do it when the car is fully warmed up and its during the day and not too cold and moist outside? does it smell kinda odd? not like oil or petrol but a kinda strange smell?

if so, it is more than likely the turbo seals.

if its not blue smoke then its not the turbo,as blue smoke is oil
As above are you sure its just not condensation due to cold weather

dac69er

Super Moderator
if its not blue smoke then its not the turbo,as blue smoke is oil
As above are you sure its just not condensation due to cold weather

when the oil gets burnt due to the turbo seals then it comes out white.

there is a high likelyhood of it being condensation this time of year but its best to check, it will only get worse in the summer if it is the turbo seals.

when the oil gets burnt due to the turbo seals then it comes out white.

there is a high likelyhood of it being condensation this time of year but its best to check, it will only get worse in the summer if it is the turbo seals.

sorry mate,gave wrong info then

my turbo seals went and it gave out alot of blue smoke

dac69er

Super Moderator
sorry mate,gave wrong info then

my turbo seals went and it gave out alot of blue smoke

i guess that it could be blue if it went really bad and smoked when the turbo and exhaust etc was relitively cold. but generally its white to start off with.

when my turbo completely self destructed it still only smoked white

medders

Member +
well i want to be safe. were can i get the seals for the turbo. it dosnt look blue. it smokey wen sat ticking, when u say hot, how hot?? 5 min of drivin or 20 min. smells bit odd yer.

C

CaL

take it for a good run.....30 minutes-1 hour to get it up to proper temp,then see if its still smoking.if it is,its deffinatly not condensation.

seals-rebuild kit- are £60 from sam on here and aint 'too' hard to fit:)btw the smell.is it like burning oil on a hot surface?

dac69er

Super Moderator
it hard to explain the smell to be honest.. i might as well get turbo rebuilt, wont do it harm. :)

it is a hard smell to explain i admit.

rebuilding it can hurt if that isnt the problem. you could end up with a completely wrecked turbo.

cal, have you rebuilt a ct9 before?