So what is the fastest Q/m on ct9 turbo ?

nexia201

Member +
Yesterday i was at halfar (as usual on Sundays :p ) and I got to race a guy that take part regularly in the drag racing championship with a diesel sierra ( yes a diesel well the fastest diesel here roadgoing car) first we took off from a rolling start and i beat him , then he asked if we can take off from the rubber (where the quarter mile starts from ) i didnt have a prob with that , so i went and lined up and he was heating his tyres . We took off at the same time and his sierra shot farward as its rear wheel drive but i got some wheel spin , then on 3rd gear i went past him and beat him by 2 car lengths :rockon: so i asked him what times he was running at the quartemile and he told me 13 - 13.2 so i was very happy with that I asked him again so what do you rekon my car time would be (as there are no timed runs at the moment) and he told me 13.2 for sure even better ! so now im dieing to wait for the timing to be put up so i can check all this :) only problem i have is that my clutch is starting to slip in 3rd and 4th gear after some racing so have to get a paddle one soon!

so what power would i be running if fits running that time? as im still on the ct9?

AzE_B

Member +
i couldnt get that time here with 290whp without my diff and on road tyres

this year im guna take my car to Malta so i can get 600bhp+ and a 9sec:p

Last edited:

nexia201

Member +
You wont get a real 13.2 on a standard CT9 imo.

we have to see that dave ;) this guy i take his word as he is a regular in the qm and know his buisiness . and as he said his does 13 - 13.2 and when i beat him he didnt say mine will do under 13 but as conservative anwent for his higher time and told me 13.2 forsure. they are telling me that the aerodynamics of the car is helping from 3rd gear onwards. but dont know about that

drew-turbo

Member +
just going to have to wait and see you cant really say it will do this because someone told me lol
im not hating:)

nexia201

Member +
just going to have to wait and see you cant really say it will do this because someone told me lol
im not hating:)

I know in fact there were a lot that told me this or that but i never quoted anyone as they are not reliable sources but this one i felt like quoting him as he is a regular and wouldnt exagerate things

nexia201

Member +
How much the aygo weigh im sure they'd be lighter than a starlet?

yes with the rear seat removed i think we are looking somewhere around 780kgs - 800kgs and the aeorodynamics of the car should be helping too :)

Im waiting more than you guys to see that the time i was stated is right :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
damage had some cars running a ct9 into the 13's infact there is another thread about ct9 1/4 times :p

im sure this car is into the 13's also... this shopping trolley really shifts! you got to hear the comments of people when he races the "fast cars".

i say ivans ct9 is on steroids... :teach:

nexia201

Member +
damage had some cars running a ct9 into the 13's infact there is another thread about ct9 1/4 times :p

im sure this car is into the 13's also... this shopping trolley really shifts! you got to hear the comments of people when he races the "fast cars".

i say ivans ct9 is on steroids... :teach:

its not the size of the bull in the fight , its the size of the fight in the bull :p

alfradio

Member +
All your 'blah-blah-blah" is simply, PURE SPECULATION... :argue:

Take your car to a track that has timing equipment and be done with it...
A 13.2 in a 1/4 mile with a stock motor and CT9 is pretty hard to swallow...
show us some time slips and then I'm sure everyone will say, "WOW!!!!!!"

alf :homer:

Ted

Member +
impressively light car at 800kgs. turbo engine would have it up to weight of a gt, but not fat like a glanza.