spark plug problem/fueling

mak-turbo

Member +
right well got the car idling right but sounding like a subaru and wont rev right so checked the plugs and found this

starting from bore 1 at the left to bore 4 at the right
DSCN0775.jpg

car running 370cc injectors and a sard rrfpr at 3 bar but not fuel controler till the unichip gets remapped so what do people think

mak-turbo

Member +
injectors are new from sam off here thow so should of bein tested any ways o and ps leads are new and plugs are about 2000miles on them

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
change injector 1 and 3 with 2 and 4

then see if you get plugs 2 and 4 black and the other fine. if so.. 2 of the injectors are probably sticky and overfuiling!

you got a guage on your fpr? after swithcing the car if is pressure going down imidiatly or almost?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well after turning the car off the pressure dropes about a bar down to 2 bar ?

if its goes down exactly after you turn it off.. then injectors are probably leaking! thats why they are over fueling. try what i said.. change places of the injectors and see if the overfueld plugs also change the place

dac69er

Super Moderator
start the car up and while its running tap them with a hammer and a socket extension.

also, bring the revs up a bit, dont go mad though.

mine stuck a bit when i first fitted them. tapped them and they got a bit better then drove a few 100 metres down the road and it was fine

mak-turbo

Member +
right well car sounding fine now cleaned the plugs and taped the injestors and sound sweet but when i take vac line of the sard (running) it gose to 4 bar then back on it gose down to 3 bar is that right matey ??

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
yes thats fine. so it was the injectors right?:) putting some injector cleaner to you fuel would do any harm...