Spark Plug Wires

EP821994

Member +
I have a 94 starlet atm and I have to replace my spark plug wires, already have the plugs, distributor cap and rotor just need to find replacements for the sumitomo wires anybody have any recommendations? I’m in the US.

Jay

Admin
Hi there,

Just confirm which type of fitment you have currently, it changed from boot type to clip type somewhere in 1992 but you never know. If they just press on it's the earlier version, if there's some fiddly grey clips involved it'll be the later one.

The genuine part number for a boot type set is 90919-21488

The clip type has two different parts numbers 90919-21540 & 90919-21587 listed but I'd stick with the second one.

If you can't find a helpful Toyota parts dept there's a few aftermarket equivalents available. Look for Magnecor, NGK and Ultra brands advertised as upgrades but remember to buy the right version (boot/clip). The likes of RHDJapan or Nengun should be able to supply them if you don't have a distributer locally.

Hope that helps,

Jay

EP821994

Member +
Jay I want to say it is the clip version, tried locating a part number on the actual cord itself with no luck, I’ll look into NGK as that seems to be the most popular brand regarding spark plug fitting’s according to my research so far.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
If you look at the distributor you will see the grey clips on each one.

1691920292699.png

Be careful not to break any on removal, they don't like being disturbed.

since he's in the US...may be it is possible that he can try to get Tercel plug wires which match?
in any event the part numbers are essential,,,NGK may be possible in the US market via performance shops, ebay or other online stores

EP821994

Member +
I
since he's in the US...may be it is possible that he can try to get Tercel plug wires which match?
in any event the part numbers are essential,,,NGK may be possible in the US market via performance shops, ebay or other online stores
was thinking Tercel as well but I’m not well versed on mechanics and interchanging parts…first project car lol