spark plugg seal

scot-ish

Member +
a seal on the plug?? or do you mean on the lead that connects to the plug??

big up the philipines lol, never seen a starlet when i was there

just loads of chromed up car/wagons lol

RGM1800

Member +
a seal on the plug?? or do you mean on the lead that connects to the plug??

big up the philipines lol, never seen a starlet when i was there

just loads of chromed up car/wagons lol

the oil seal or the orings or the " donuts"

which part of the philippines did you visit?

usually u could see ep82s mostly in cebu city, davao city, bagiuo and a bit on manila

dac69er

Super Moderator
there is an oil seal on the cam cover for each plug tunnel. ive replaced them on mine ut dont know the part number unfortunately as i got the seals of dave b.

they are the same seals as a non turbo starlet.

scot-ish

Member +
the oil seal or the orings or the " donuts"

which part of the philippines did you visit?

usually u could see ep82s mostly in cebu city, davao city, bagiuo and a bit on manila

ahh im with you now, i havent had mine long, so fortunately, not had bother with mine

i was in batangas and manilla for a few weeks,

RGM1800

Member +
there is an oil seal on the cam cover for each plug tunnel. ive replaced them on mine ut dont know the part number unfortunately as i got the seals of dave b.

they are the same seals as a non turbo starlet.

thanks dacer. is it hard to replace? is it also the same with 4efe and 4afe engine?

dac69er

Super Moderator
thanks dacer. is it hard to replace? is it also the same with 4efe and 4afe engine?

not sure about 4afe, but the 4efe and all variations of the 5e have exactly the same seals. i would imagine all 'e' series engines would also.

easy to replace. just remove the cam cover (6 bolts), use a screwdriver or something to pry the old seals out, then push the new ones in. sometimes easier to use a socket to tap them in square.

i would replace the cam cover gasket too while your at it, as its bound to leak if its never been off before.

RGM1800

Member +
not sure about 4afe, but the 4efe and all variations of the 5e have exactly the same seals. i would imagine all 'e' series engines would also.

easy to replace. just remove the cam cover (6 bolts), use a screwdriver or something to pry the old seals out, then push the new ones in. sometimes easier to use a socket to tap them in square.

i would replace the cam cover gasket too while your at it, as its bound to leak if its never been off before.

thanks for the info. how will i pry it out?

dac69er

Super Moderator
just get the screwdriver in there once the cam cover is off and just lever them out. as long as you have new ones then dont worry about damaging it, sometimes they can be a bit hard to get out!

Jay

Admin
I changed a set a few months ago - be careful that you do not damage the new seal when pushing it into place as it can be quite tight.

RGM1800

Member +
just get the screwdriver in there once the cam cover is off and just lever them out. as long as you have new ones then dont worry about damaging it, sometimes they can be a bit hard to get out!

which part of the cam cover? top or bottom part?

btw does 4efe and 4efte has the same cam cover gasket?

dac69er

Super Moderator
yes, same gasket.

there is only one cam cover. it is held on by 6 nuts. it has toyota written on it