speeding query.. advice would be handy

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well guys gutted to say i got caught for speeding a few months ago, just got the court summons threw.

i was cought doing an apparent 49 in a 30 according to the copper at the time, but now having the paperwork come threw hes put 59!?! that is my first query as even the passenger's i had in the car at the time when i asked them the other day what speed he said they both mentioned 49.

neway im shitting it tbh, im only 19 and i dont really wanna loose my lisence, luckily ive been driving more than 2 years but i need my lisence for work, can i get a ban for that speed? or would it be just 3 points and a fine etc...

as far as i know that it has to be double the speed limit for 6 points + a ban??

and would there be a big difference in that 10mph for the punishment

Rumel786

Member +
have u not seen the advert?hit some1 at 30mph and they have got a 80% chance ov livin,but at 40 its a different story.10mph makes a big difference.

lingl9z

Member +
if it was 59 you can get 6points and a fine (not sure on ban) I got caught doing 56 in a 30 before i had 2years of driving experiance, office gave me a chance and let me off with 3points and a fine! didnt you get given a ticket there and then? or did yousay you wanted toappeal?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
he didnt give me the choice he just said im giving you a court summons.. he gave me a producer but that was it nothing about points or what speed etc

rumel :

yes i have and thats what i mean, im sure i wasnt doing 59 but i dont really have anyway of proving otherwise?

Sean_GT

Member +
I would have thought if he has given you a court summons then there is an intention to give you more than just 3 points. But i could be wrong.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
cheers lingz,

thats what i mean though in the eyes of the law at that speed 10mph will make a big difference, and the difference between 3 and 6 points is also going to make a huge difference.

ok hands down i got cought and i deserve the 3 points but 6 is bloody harsh, especially in the circumstances but i cant make excuses..

the plod was a real REAL prick tho, i knew he wanted to fuck me over as soon as i got out the car lol, he was basically screaming at me?!?!

Rumel786

Member +
Yes there is.

All he needs is the other officer who was in the car (If there was one) to confirm the speed.

i doubt they will go against each others figures and both say 59.

By looking at a cop you can tell if he wants you off the road or not, by the sounds of yuor experience mate he definately tring to get you fkd.

Hopefully the dudge may let you off with something silly :p

Adam_Glanza

Member +
do they get printouts from speed guns etc? or do they just write down and then put it in there report etc..

i dont know wether to just plead guilty by letter or atleast turn up and try to challenge it, i know they say if you just plead guilty by post then they will be "more leanient" but im not so sure

Rumel786

Member +
Either way still theres no point challenging it as you will still lose cos even 49 is over limit and if you challenge and fail they are more harsh, not sure n what you want to do mate?

durmz

Member +
do they get printouts from speed guns etc? or do they just write down and then put it in there report etc..

i dont know wether to just plead guilty by letter or atleast turn up and try to challenge it, i know they say if you just plead guilty by post then they will be "more leanient" but im not so sure

thas what i was thinking, was there not something shown to you on the day with the speed on it? or this the first document uve seen with the speed wrote on it? u tryed ringing up to confirm its not a typo? sounds daft but may be worth try. someone will probably tell me im completely wrong now lol.

yer pleading guilty by post is better.. but pleading guilty to something u dint do...diff story if you ask me.

imo ide say yes, u will get raped more for 59 than 49 as its well nearly double the limit.

jamesbaa

Member +

I think you'de be best off pleading guilty to doing 49mph and say that you wernt doing the 59 as mentioned!!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
dont get me wrong im not a fan of miracles ( especially the way my luck goes )

im gonna plead guilty as mentioned yes i know i was speeding whatever happens, but the difference between 3 and 6 points and 49 to 59 makes a big difference im sure at my age ( 19 just coming 20 ).

if it doesnt affect your insurance premium to heavily then ok whatever, but i can amagine with 6 points it doubling? what are your experiences with points etc.

its not DD or anything just a straight up speeding fine i hope

Sean_GT

Member +
I dont think another officers word would be sufficient evidence in court mate!

Really as far as i was aware it was?

I thought if there was only one of them they can only do you for it with evidence.

But if there were two of them there word would be enough.

Last edited:

robynne_k

Fresh Recruit
It can also go on the magistrates/judges my friend got caught doing 68mph in a 30 zone begged for his license and came out with 3points and a £1000 fine due to the fact he needed his car for his income. its all down to the people that you stand up in front of and speak to unfortunatly

Monkfish

Member +
You should have signed a slip in the car and had a copy of that. I got nobbled a good few months ago and signed a slip and was given a copy. That contained my details, my speed and the details of the conviction (£60 fine + 3 pts). Either way, you're going to have a hard time convincing the judge you were doing 49mph if the paperwork all says 59 and you can't prove otherwise. I sure as shit hope you were collared in an industrial estate and not in a residential area too.

Also, doing more than 25mph over the speed limit and you're looking at a court appearance and probably a ban. It's a bit stupid though, it should be a percentage over the speed limit. 55 in a 30 is monumentally more twattish than 95 on a motorway.