Speedvision braided coolant lines wont fit???

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Well ive been trying to get these braided coolant lines to fit but they just will not go onto the pipes on the engine at all. ive asked speedvision about this and he just said to use lots of force and they will go on. well they wont, ive tried soaking the end of the pipe in boiling water, and they still wont go on. if the pipe does go on a little bit all that happens is the rubber inside bends over.

has anyone else struggled with these??

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
I had a set from the 1st batch.

There wank, so i didnt use them and ive never run water lines scince on the TD04.

pc18

ahh great money wasted then. Thanks again Rory for the quick replys.

weakboy2

Member +
yeah, i had them, took them off the day before the trackday, they wouldnt seal on the unions on the turbo, kept leaking all the time!! no water lines from now on!!

Might replace the oil feed soon too as i'm not too keen on the ally union.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I just used fuel hose for my water feed and return, never had a prob to date and they're on over a year. Cost near nothing too :)

speedvision

Member +
Well ive been trying to get these braided coolant lines to fit but they just will not go onto the pipes on the engine at all. ive asked speedvision about this and he just said to use lots of force and they will go on. well they wont, ive tried soaking the end of the pipe in boiling water, and they still wont go on. if the pipe does go on a little bit all that happens is the rubber inside bends over.

has anyone else struggled with these??

the new hose have been tested and sold to many without any problems...this size is the best as the other size is too big and will be too loose

rory is tlkin about the first batch 1 yr ago...these are new lines and u need some grease and force...

please dont go slagging off before you know the facts...members on this forum are using them with pics to prove..

sam

pc18

If you read all my post that you have quoted there is no "slagging off" mentioned in it. i am simply trying to find out if other member who have purchased these lines have had problems with them.

Well im going to have one more go with these and if they dont go on securely i will not be using them.

speedvision

Member +
If you read all my post that you have quoted there is no "slagging off" mentioned in it. i am simply trying to find out if other member who have purchased these lines have had problems with them.

Well im going to have one more go with these and if they dont go on securely i will not be using them.

just to confirm these are not first sets..these were onyl made this year and were also test fittted b4 releasing...no sense in making a hose that wont go over the pipes right...its a bit hard to go over i will say that but with some grease and foirce it will..was made this way to fit securely..if u have tried numerous times u may have damaged the ends..just cut the piece off and u will have a fresh end to start with...

sam

weakboy2

Member +
mine went on just enough, but the union end on the turbo wouldnt seal. everytime you tightened it it went on the piss, thus leaking.

dont need water lines anyways really

pc18

i have cut the pipe down 4 or so times now as every time i try and force it on the rubber pipe either bends over or the pipe on the engine cuts through the rubber and damages it.

mine went on just enough, but the union end on the turbo wouldnt seal. everytime you tightened it it went on the piss, thus leaking.

dont need water lines anyways really

by any chance have u tried using plumber's tape---i'm not too sure of the name of this product ,,,but i hope u get what i'm talking about

sometimes u need a little of this tape to put on fuel/water fittings to stop fuel/water/liquid from leaking through the treaded areas

sometimes if u dont use this tape u will get leaks from the fittings...regardless of how tight u tighten them up

Last edited:

speedvision

Member +
i have cut the pipe down 4 or so times now as every time i try and force it on the rubber pipe either bends over or the pipe on the engine cuts through the rubber and damages it.

ahh man ur really having a hard time..send the water lines back to me then..i will refund u for the 2 water lines..

as i said a few are using the new lines without any problems..all are made to one size ...

sam

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
by any chance have u tried using plumber's tape---i'm not too sure of the name of this product ,,,but i hope u get what i'm talking about

sometimes u need a little of this tape to put on fuel/water fittings to stop fuel/water/liquid from leaking through the treaded areas

sometimes if u dont use this tape u will get leaks from the fittings...regardless of how tight u tighten them up

PTFE Tape :)

weakboy2

Member +

Yeah, used it on the actual unions on the turbo, but the fittings on the pipe are a flare fit, so no amount of tape would work lol.

It survived the track day without the lines so i'm not too fussed TBH

WillGT

Member +
mine fitted guys use some grease, wipe some on the inside of the pipe and around the nipple, then sqeeze the end as tight as you can and push them on, there very tight but they will go on.:) oh yeh and take those pritty end bits of and use normal jublie clips.

mine fitted guys use some grease, wipe some on the inside of the pipe and around the nipple, then sqeeze the end as tight as you can and push them on, there very tight but they will go on.:) oh yeh and take those pritty end bits of and use normal jublie clips.

ah willgt....i was wanting to reference u here....but was hoping u would come along to sort this out...as i know u have them and using them without issues