SPS oil return/feed s/s & braided hose

G5EGM

Lifer
Hi not sure if many folk were noticing the add on to the other 'removing turbo' thread, so thought i'd start a fresh one.....

Pretty much im fitting my new hybrid turbo n iv got one of the SPS braided oil lines, but can't seem to get the braided hose bit to bend enough to bolt it back onto the engine block. :confused:

Does anyone know wot the nak is or hav pics of theirs fitted?

Rep added for info folks.................thanks :)

bucketep91

Member +
attatch the oil feed to the block first then try and line it up with the turbo. also are u bending it round the right way?

sx_turbo

Lifer
it's just a case of you having to persevere and twist it in every which way until it fits,

i fitted one last year and it was a bit of a pain, and i wouldnt recomend it to replace the stock one

Rory

Lifer
Get the line made longer.

I had one custom made locally when i run the WEPR hybrid, tried it at a certain length and it was still to short. Had them add a good length, and all was good.

G5EGM

Lifer
attatch the oil feed to the block first then try and line it up with the turbo. also are u bending it round the right way?

mite try this to see if its easier but if not then il just keep wigglin til it goes on..............think this will need a lot of shoutin n swearing! :haha:

sx_turbo

Lifer
well the stock ones arent that bad seeing as most have lasted 20 years, and i personaly havnt seen many fail

G5EGM

Lifer
Get the line made longer.

I had one custom made locally when i run the WEPR hybrid, tried it at a certain length and it was still to short. Had them add a good length, and all was good.

will try that if it turns into an epic FAIL but im hopeful il get it on.

Fro

Member +
Thats why my braided line is almost the length of my arm :haha:
Thought the sps ones looked way too short :homer:

G5EGM

Lifer
this is how it turned out.....touchin turbo but think its ok overall :)

Photo0780.jpg

wot u guys think?

Rory

Lifer
Should be fine as long as it isnt kinked.

These should have been at least as twice as long, would make life alot easier.

Fro

Member +
This is mine, granted it probably could have been a bit shorter but meh, it works!
008-4.jpg

Last edited: