stand alone ECU, what one are you running?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a power fc and i really like it. i do have the commander and datalogit so its very good for datalogging stuff and mapping.

never had any other stand alones so cant compare. im happy enough with it. doesnt have loads of bells and whistles, but works well

starletsy

Member +
Buy an ECU on what your chosen mapper recomends he will always do a better job of mapping if it's an ecu he is familar with than one that he can map but doesnt know inside out it's like taking a toyota to a honda gargae for a service.

sam_glanz

Member +
i have a power fc and i really like it. i do have the commander and datalogit so its very good for datalogging stuff and mapping.

never had any other stand alones so cant compare. im happy enough with it. doesnt have loads of bells and whistles, but works well

Yeah i do like the fc mate, a few friends have them one in his skyline and the other in his rx7 and iv had a play with them before, few good features, but like you say not loaded with bells and whistles but dose the job!

And lad above, Im after the recommended ecu from the everyday user and driver not a tuner, ill travel to find the best mapper of the chossen ecu

churcherj

Member +
link G4 are meant to be shit hot, HKS fcon v pro gold or whatever its called is also good.

personally if i went standalone i would look into the link g4 ecu, many tuners ive spoken too said they are bloody amazing, only downside is a custom loom will need to be made for it i believe

Rory

Lifer
As below. :)

el_man

Fresh Recruit
i like the look of ccm's plug and play megasquirt im debating whether to get one of them and sell my emu but i`ve yet to see anyone on the forum thats used one yet

are there any members with omex?

Philip0694

Member +
I had a Motec fitted by Aidrian at Fensport about 6 years ago, bloody fantastic bit of kit so much you can add to it. However the downside if you are on a tight budget is the cost for the unit and fitting!!! and the cost of getting it remapped.

Fro

Member +
i like the look of ccm's plug and play megasquirt im debating whether to get one of them and sell my emu but i`ve yet to see anyone on the forum thats used one yet

are there any members with omex?

X2, I'm considering the megasquirt. I'd like something like the power fc but they seem pretty hard to get hold of, and would be second hand where there is the chance of being sold a dud!

Life racing should release their "budget" ecu early next year which will use the same processor as the high end ecu. If it lives up to the hype it will be unbeatable for the price :)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Buy an ECU on what your chosen mapper recomends he will always do a better job of mapping if it's an ecu he is familar with than one that he can map but doesnt know inside out it's like taking a toyota to a honda gargae for a service.

No offence mate, shit advice. Find an ECU that does what you want and then get a tuner who knows it.

starletsy

Member +
No offence mate, shit advice. Find an ECU that does what you want and then get a tuner who knows it.

Why is it? There has been quite a few guys on here buy an ECU only to sell it on when they cannot find anyone in the local area to map it some poeple are happy to travel to get mapping done some are not...
If you have not got acess to transport getting a car half way across the country to a good mapper could be the difference between buying a more expensive ecu and getting it tuned locally and a cheap one then having to pay the extra getting a car to the tuner.

sx_turbo

Lifer

sorry sam but i have to disagree with you on this one.

a good example is what happened to you with your megasquirt, and i dont the same thing with my pfc (i even took it to abbey motorsport in the end, who didnt really do that good a job)