Standard clutch

GTdan

In The Closet
a new standard clutch thats just been fitted, or a standard clutch thats been in several years and your just wacking the power up?

Sharkman645

Member +
just really in general what power can they handle.

When i come round to finishing gathering my mods i know i will have to upgrade mine plus i dont know how long mine been in so will do no harm to change it.

GTdan

In The Closet
right so you are going to change the clutch now and put a standard clutch in? then once finished, put an upgraded clutch in?? if right, you may aswell just put an upgraded one in.

It will take around 160-200llbs of torque, depending what torque your running will depend how long it lasts.
mine had run around 160llbs of torque for 12 months before started slipping, others hadnt been so lucky

Sharkman645

Member +
standard clutch in at the moment will be upgrading in the future when i start to increase power and just wondering what power a standard one could handle before it slips etc

GTdan

In The Closet
standard clutch in at the moment will be upgrading in the future when i start to increase power and just wondering what power a standard one could handle before it slips etc

like i said there is no set limit - it will just start slipping, the more power you run through it, the quicker it will go.

Bullet00th

Member +
I'm running 1bar on a TD04, holds fine, but if you start to slip the clutch when launching it will seriously kill the clutch. As Dan said, if you are planning on upping the power, whilst the gearbox is out you might aswel upgrade the clutch. Saves labour time and more importantly ball ache :)

Matt

CMR

Member +
Mine died after upping to 0.8 bar, 55k miles on it.

If your planning mods look at either an Exedy Organic or a CAP clutch. Ignore the '20% uprated exedy' its basically a standard one and wont last.

Phil

Super Moderator
yeah id want an uprated clutch of some description as soon as you head out past fuel cut.

sometimes people manage near 200bhp for a while, but its only a matter of time really.

Phil

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Standard clutch at 1bar on the td04

16hrqfr.jpg

2v9zz2h.jpg

2n1ur7b.jpg

21orp21.jpg

2lo3q01.jpg

I wouldnt advise it:haha::haha::haha::haha:

KrissyB

Member +
I prefer acceleration:p

Got it about 30 times in total lol

LOL I am miss Daisy and to be honest i dont know what clutch is in it as it was an import and i bought it from the Docks feels standard though.

Going to uprate mine just hope it hold out til the 5e is built

Just like the engines with fuel cut some hit it some dont as there all different and the clutch is the same everyones is different to be honest, some shit it after a little boost increase whilst some hold on for longer.

Hard to say for definite only one way to find out mate.

well to be honest...gt-tdo4
it is possible for both standard and aftermarket clutches to shakle out on standard power, moderate power and big power set ups

i've seen it before