standard exhaust system question

rosso321

Member +
I was thinking off Getting one but I have a wepr mani and decat running at .75 will it be alright to do so or am I better off getting a custom made stainless steel made up for an extra 100euro more then the standard system also was told its nearly new

my question is will the preside be alright or better off going for 2.5 inch stainless steel?

Love to hear your thoughts on this as further down the line I would like one as planing to go orginal at some point
Thanks.

Ross

Last edited:

Fez

Member +
I've a WEPR downpipe and full WEPR SS 2.5 exhaust. Haven't found anything to complain about :) Go for one mate, can't go wrong

GP82

Member +
A bigger bore exhaust will compliment the better flowing exhaust manifold and decat. The stock exhaust will start to become restrictive when you increase the boost and power. If you are looking for the performance, go for the better flowing exhaust, your motor will like it, but be prepared to work around the inevitable boost creep issues.

You can either try to control the boost pressure so it peaks and holds under fuel cut or get it tuned on a aftermarket engine control system to run more power safely. If you plan to stay at your current boost pressure (under fuel cut pressure) and do not want to increase the power, a stock exhaust system will be fine.

Jay

Admin
Yep. But as already said above it'll impose a restriction on the setup. So long as you are happy with that there shouldn't be an issue.

SupaStu

Member +
I'm running stock mani, with Blitz decat, standard system, with TRD backbox, all good, fairly quiet which suites me.

rosso321

Member +
I'm running stock mani, with Blitz decat, standard system, with TRD backbox, all good, fairly quiet which suites me.

Just moved to a small residential area and don't think the neighbours will appreciate the remote start going off for 10mins to warm her up at 6am. :\

Sounds like I'm going to be mature about this situation. :)