Starlet, 106 gti ,

rickwood

Fresh Recruit
I ve got a saxo vts and as some off u know am geting a starlet. My mate thinks am stupid selling my vts as he thinks my vts and his 106 gti is faster than starlets ? I thought 0-60 they was both the same ? then over 60 the vts,106 gti would be faster ? + i cant wait to get rid off my french crap:p

Craig

Lifer
Question has been asked many a time my friend, do a search of the forum... I'm pretty sure the GT wins...

Beaker

Member +
French car or Japanese car, its not a hard choice. One country makes super reliable, well built cars. The French don't.

parkiboy

Member +
i know someone exactly in your situation, he's swapping a VTS for a glanza and everyone is asking why? :p

standard 0-60 is equal but the VTS will probably have it top end. But put 1k into tuning each of them and then the VTS will get its ass raped :D

Dan3SGTE

Member +
how would the VTS win top end??? the starlet has more BHP which equals better top end power and also has a better power to weight ratio....

I raced a good mate of mine in his bright yellow 106GTI he used to big up and off the line through all the gears i did keep on pulling a decent amount... enough to say my car was faster... yes my car was stock.......

work it out guys, its only a 1.6 16valve with less power and more weight then a starlet.....

Stig

Member +
.... as the yanks say, 'there aint no substitue for cc's'.... the saxo prolly has more torque at high rpm?? :S

Adam_Glanza

Member +
like you say standard v standard who ever keeps it like that?

after a few simple mods the starlet wll rape the french pieces of poo

Dan3SGTE

Member +
.... as the yanks say, 'there aint no substitue for cc's'.... the saxo prolly has more torque at high rpm?? :S

displacement...?

come on mate were talking about a N/A 1.6 here not a 5L V10.....

And i think you'll find the GT will have more torque as it has the turbo in place.....
Ive proven it in a race.... besides the figures that prove it would lose.... to 60mph there isnt a great deal but still the GT wins..... and after the GT still pulls.....

p-nut

Member +

no replacement for displacement haha

in all fairness there are some good points made here, but there are other things to consider aswel. A saxo/106 will have better mpg and will without doubt handle better than a gt/glanza. I used to have a saxo before my glanza and i reckon my next car will be a 106gti. Fair enuf the gt/glanza looks better on paper, and the torque low down is deadly....and they respond better to mods.....and theyre more reliable....and are probably better overall, but i like to stick up for the underdogs haha.

Saying that tho, glanzas/gt's are becoming common as muck, more common than saxo's/106's in ireland, which i'm sure is the complete opposite in the uk.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
to be fair gti's arent so common but 106's and saxos are probably the most cars you see on the road. where i live theres only 1 other gt and 1 glanza which ive seen.

so there really not that common but i guess in ireland you get alot of imports!

there not bad little cars gti's but i just feel its a backwards step tbh to get 200+ bhp from one youve gota spend alota money for little profit really

C

CaL

lolol.....he only wants you to keep your vts so your the same pace as him....you get a gt and he will be slower:(

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
these threads pop up all the time, why people don't search I don't know. GT will be faster in a straight line, GTI will rape a GT on the twisties. Thread ended. -_- lol

starbogt

Member +
these threads pop up all the time, why people don't search I don't know. GT will be faster in a straight line, GTI will rape a GT on the twisties. Thread ended. -_- lol

This is a pointless comment as it depends on the driver! the cars are very close in standard form and I know for a fact that the driver makes the car handle. A lot of peolple have raved about the saxo's handling for years but you put a little boy racer behind the wheel with no experience and he will get trounced by the experienced driver in the starlet.

Timmy

Member +
I think your find altho the handleing is very twitchy in a starlet it not far off a saxo/106. Afterall a torsion bar isn't independent either. Check out the best motoring video on youtube where the starlet beats an mx5 round a track. The torque you get on corner exits makes up for the lack of driveability. In conclusion stock v stock the starlet will win everywhere just not always a comfortable margin.