Starlet GT Turbo - The Underdog

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thought it was about time I put together a build thread for the Starlet after the dilemma I had with the Evo.

I have owned the car for 8 years now and its new eventual home within Motorsports is where I plan to make my attack.

This is how the car has sat for the last 2 years since I broke my crankshaft cap, I did build a replacement Forged unit for it however it was sold so I now plan to start a fresh build.

It made sense to use the Starlet since all the parts I have accumulated over the last 8 years are for it. With the car being so light hopefully that can make up for the driver! :roll:

F1231DDF-7270-4949-A78B-AA2EAFCDF3D0_zpslcyb5eyk.jpg

New Engine Spec:

• Ross Racing Pistons
  • Ross Racing Piston Rings/Pins
  • Pauter Rods with ARP Bolts
  • Cruise Head Gasket
  • New Cambelt/Tensioner Kit
  • ARP Headbolts
  • All New Toyota Gaskets
  • New Oil Seals
  • New Water Pump
  • New OEM Oil Pump
  • Zisco Valve Stem Oil Seals
  • ACL Bearings

I have opted to go back to running the TD04 for SLS, with a power output of around 270hp I think it would be really well suited to Knockhill as I would normally achieve full boost around 3600rpm.

Phil

Super Moderator
if your going to use standalone, get a 0.6mm hg in there, make it a real lively engine :)

should clear 270hp easy enough also with higher comp.

Phil

Iain@CRD

Lifer
great another little monster in the making

do you have a build tread from the first build ????

In my members garage Colin yes.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/dynamics/showentry.php?e=24763&catid=member&entryuserid=478

if your going to use standalone, get a 0.6mm hg in there, make it a real lively engine :)

should clear 270hp easy enough also with higher comp.

Phil

:haha: Was actually thinking on going Cruise for a 1.2 but I will make my mind up as soon as I begin to order the parts. I was hoping to get another AP Engineering Power FC since I sold mine (dammit!). It certainly wont be the fastest car in Super Lap Scotland but its all about making it as reliable as possible and enjoying it :)

Murray

Member +
Be cool to see this come together. If you need a hand with the rules give me or Rory a shout;)

Murray

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Look forward to seeing how this goes... and maybe to size up the competition for me next year. :p

I'm just hoping to get mine running again this year for some practice!

When's the first round of the SLS?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Look forward to seeing how this goes... and maybe to size up the competition for me next year. :p

I'm just hoping to get mine running again this year for some practice!

When's the first round of the SLS?

End of April it starts Wallace.

Hope to try and get in plenty of practice before then also. Will be good to have another Starlet out there!

Iain