starlet or mr2 turbo

nicholai

Member +
hello guys

long time no see :D

i am thinking of coming back to the starlet but i need some help i am thinking of getting a mr2 turbo also so i can not deside which one to get out of the two i need good points and bad out of the two really

GTdan

In The Closet
well id suggest a starlet as you didnt have yours for long - plus im presuming your in a stable job now?? as i wouldnt want you to go through what you went before of having to sell ya p&j as you lost ya job again.

Oh and usually mr2 turbos are more expensive to insure and run.

GTti

Member +
I know someone with an MR2 turbo, he loves it, handles like a go kart, cheaper than you think to insure.

Not so great MPG and I guess just normal Jap car running costs for that size car.

I hear that once an MR2 starts to get a little bit happy at the rear they can be hard to keep on the road / correct.

A Starlet on the other hand does not have to be an expensive car to run. Mine was standard other than springs and an air filter, it was great on fuel and I never had a problem.

Fizturbo

Member +
Both cars are fun in different way,mr2 definately gives you a go kart buzz.

Fuel wise hmmm!
Gt 195 miles from £29
Gts 260ish miles from £43
An thats includin heavy foot :)

I like driving both of them but my most fav is the mr2 its solid an beefy it always puts a smile on me face put it this way i feel more safe in the mr2 then the starlet.

ryanerak

Member +
thanks mate i do wonder where she is at the min and what the chap who bought it has done to her

Its ok mate, Ben is taking very good care of her! tidied a few bits up that were a bit rough, removed the A/C, relocated the filter to behind the grill, and bought a blitz boost gauge for it. Think the next thing hes planning is getting a full exhaust and a fmic. Serious mate, the car was clean when you had it, all ben does is clean the damn thing :p

AdDaMan

Member +
wow Fizturbo!! i never ever got that many miles from my mr2!!
I got an average of 170-200 from £40.

That was the only downside to the car, drank lots for the power it was running :(
Also to the above comments about it being "twitchy" etc...
There not. there fine unless you drive like a cock in the wet and cant control a rwd.

EP82

Member +
x2,

they drive like they are on rails, you just have to be careful and if they do step out big time you have to ease the power off (dont just take your foot off the gass) otherwise you will end up spinning due to the geometory (speling) of the RWD Rear engined car.