Starlets Hated? Or Just Undermined?

stuart

Member +
Hopefully get a few views from people on here now, lots of members use starlets as 2nd cars etc - I love jumping in the starlet on a weekend after driving a 2.0 n'a :D

Anyone else notice the 'Jap' scene give starlets a bit of a slate? Me local club always have a giggle at my 'micra' fair enough its all friendly banter but seen some forums slating our little prides and joy to high heaven!

So...hated or just undermined?

Would love to see some peoples faces when the big bhp cars on here annihalate some bigger boys on the track(s) this year :)

~ stu

Kelly

Member +
Defo undermined!

When ppl have such attitudes towards your car they have everything to lose and you have everything to gain when they 'have a go'.

Theres nothing better than showing someone who has spent 40k on purchasing a car (thats without any modifications they may wanna buy afterwards) that your lil 2-3k car can go some!

TBH i experience the attitudes you mention within this forum when people have a go at the gearbox but like i said they could be made to look silly.

i live in a town where ive the only glanza!
theres only a few jap imports like a wrx and civics..

im always asked why did i sell my 306 to buy a starlet!

i was even told the other night to get rid of it and buy somethin decent like a golf or astra!

I hate my town!:flame:

parkiboy

Member +
in my local modifying scene which to be honest is very poor, few of them even aknoledge my car, i put it down to jealously :p

stuart

Member +
I agree, people stare/laugh at mine in my town.

I don't like how some people have a pop at the autoboxes though, we're meant to be a club/community like!

Kelly

Member +
i was even told the other night to get rid of it and buy somethin decent like a golf or astra!

did you not just laugh? as sarcastic and as quick witted as i am in arguements and such situations that would have stopped me and made me giggle!

cantbassed

Member +
i loved my starlet know matter what looks it got. i proud to own and drive the car, and a car which out performed alot of cars people drive on the road. people thought it was a kitted up micra, but i knew its potential and didnt care for anyones opinion.

Guye

Lifer
I only drive my GT on the weekends. Thankfully GT's & Glanzas are well respected and sought after here. There is a story now going around about a white Glanza beating an STI by 6 car lenghts. No one sees my car and laughs :mad: I only hate to see the ones owned by jokers who can't be bothered to care for them :mad:

Gilly2006

Member +
i think its all down to jelousy to be honest, everyone knows that when they see one coming down the street they know what there capable of and know how easy they can be tuned.

Guye

Lifer
i think its all down to jelousy to be honest, everyone knows that when they see one coming down the street they know what there capable of and know how easy they can be tuned.
True. I recently chased down a BMW M3 with my GT. You should see the look on the guy's face when he saw what was making the louding "dumping" sounds and keeping up with him. STARLETS FOREVER!!!

clarkefrazer

Member +
well in bangor its mostly all 106gtis and saxo vts vtrs all french hooflungdung they all sorta go wtf wen they see a 1.3 passing them like there stopped lol so they can all say wat they want underrated and under minded

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I used to get alot of laughs etc until i proved them wrong...

Now to be completely honest i get alot of randomers coming up to me more then impressed... Ha vent been laughed at since ive had the car back..

Was funny about 3 months back now an M3 E46 wanted a go so not to be rude showed him something he probably wont see again lol... we had 3 runs and one of the runs i let him shoot off 3 seconds before me, evened his speed in 1 gear then overtook him like his car was actually slow :p ... Pulled up next to and said WHAT THE F**K is THAT??? Thats the quickest roller skate ive ever seen, i was in stitches..... He was complaining to his girlfriend saying he had just spent 50K and just got beat by THAT!

some people aie.... morons

h3ppy

Member +
they are underrated, without a doubt!!!!

the slatin i got wen i told my mates i was importin a starlet was unbelievable!!
every weekend in the pub it would come up, and every time i told them "just wait and see" and sure enough, all there german 1.8 20v turbo crap gets a whippin from my "pathetic" 1.3!!!

buyin a starlet........£3000............modding it........£1000............the look on there face wen they realise it was a 1.3 going past............PRICELESS!!!!

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
My local club seem to hold starlets high regard, I had the first starlet in the club and never got any bad comments, all of them were compliments. theres only 2 Glanzas on it and 1 GT (mine) so its all good lol.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
they are underrated, without a doubt!!!!

the slatin i got wen i told my mates i was importin a starlet was unbelievable!!
every weekend in the pub it would come up, and every time i told them "just wait and see" and sure enough, all there german 1.8 20v turbo crap gets a whippin from my "pathetic" 1.3!!!

buyin a starlet........£3000............modding it........£1000............the look on there face wen they realise it was a 1.3 going past............PRICELESS!!!!

£1000 modding it ? you obviously no when to stop :p