Starlets running above 300hp! How many secs 0-60!

Barretta

Member +
Yo people!

How many secs 0-60 runs a starlet running above 300hp [HELP][/HELP]

fully stripped!

thanks
Barretta

rage

Lifer
power isn't the issue i'd say. getting the power down will be a problem.
all depends on tires and suspention but i doubt it would go much below 5s

AdamB

Member +
Even with a good suspension setup and great tyres, I doubt it would be great. Such a light chassis it don't do itself any favours in that department.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
it be in 5 at best i think, at that power its more 60mph and over id presume the power becomes useable if there is such a thing.
of course traction is a huge issue, so suspension,tyres even gear ratios all play apart.

wull

Fresh Recruit
as above,you'll probably find that a starlet running 220bhp would be just as quick to 60 because of the traction problem.above that though the thing will start to fly.

without hijacking the thread,what is the expected 0-60 times of the starlet at certain power outputs?

i've read that the 0-60 time of the std starlet is roughly 6.9-7.5 sec even though the brochure states 8.2.

and what about one @180bhp,200bhp and 220bhp?

Paul_JJ

Member +
as above,you'll probably find that a starlet running 220bhp would be just as quick to 60 because of the traction problem.above that though the thing will start to fly.

without hijacking the thread,what is the expected 0-60 times of the starlet at certain power outputs?

i've read that the 0-60 time of the std starlet is roughly 6.9-7.5 sec even though the brochure states 8.2.

and what about one @180bhp,200bhp and 220bhp?

Well the standard one will have just the low boost in 1st and 2nd, so that would be slower for sure!

Also the air temperature/tarmac temperature/tyres/suspension/driver - all matters might be 1-2 sec difference on the same car.

Standard GT would have 6.9 sec I think the glanza around 8 sec as it's heavier.

In my opinion going over 200 bhp on these cars [or any FWD] is not worth it!

gglavin

Member +
too much to take into consideration, tyres, type of diff nad clutch, weather, and most important the driver.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
In my opinion going over 200 bhp on these cars [or any FWD] is not worth it!

it is ;)

over the years my car has had a varying amount of power due to me trying different setups, and in my opinion around 250bhp is a sweet figure for the starlet. when mine was 243 on a CT hybrid i could get full traction from 2nd onwards due to the smooth power delivery of the turbo.

now i'm on td04 and 268bhp it's too punchy to get the same traction due to the sharper torque curve the turbo gives, which probably makes it slower to 60, but it feels more dramatic and 'fun' hehe :)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
have better 60 in a td04 lol, ya be better looking at the say 100 to 150

need to sort out one of these airfield testing day's all starlets!!!

stavros

Member +
have better 60 in a td04 lol, ya be better looking at the say 100 to 150

need to sort out one of these airfield testing day's all starlets!!!

Well every one keeps going on about all these private bits of land they have... someones bound to have an airfield somewhere :D

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
i actually have 0-60 on my power meter in the car basically a blitz version of the rsm will try it for a crack