still Smoking after replaced valve stem seals

nickiipoohz

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys

Just got my car back from the mechanics. Had the valve stem seals replaced (as we have ruled out that it wasn't the rings and turbo). The car is smoking less on idle but STILL SMOKING. After the car warms up, if i leave it to idle for about a couple of minutes and step on the accelerate, a puff of grey smoke comes out. If i hold the car at about 3k rpm, it will initally smoke but it stops and no smoke comes out.

I've had the PCV valve changed and currently running an oil catch can. The only line going into the intake manifold is from my BOV. I also just did a service as well with 20-50w oil, fresh spark plugs and oil filter.

I pulled the intercooler piping off the intake manifold and there is no oil.

Can it be that I haven't ran the seals in yet?

FeNder

Member +
i dont think those valve stem seals would need running in eh ,
uve pretty much covered ut all , rings , turbo , seals and pcv ,
maybe if somethings been leaking into the exhaust is slowly burning away ?

MarcoFTE

Member +
Are you using 20-w50 for the 4E-FTE engine? Isn't that the wrong kind of oil? Or do you live in a very hot country?:)
Can you be for sure that the turbo seals aren't gone? Have you checked them?

turboflow

Member +
dude thats ur seals on the exhuast side of the turbo, basically when its relaxed oil can exscape past the seal and then burns in the exhaust and slowly chugs its way down the exhaust, when u pick up the revs the seal is then sealed again and the smoke stops. i have hd it twice mate, would put money on the fact its turbo.

RobSR

Member +
how long ago did you have your seals changed? if its not long, it could be the surplus oil from when they were leaking just burning off..

sx_turbo

Lifer
could be smoking because of the oil seal on the exaust side of the turbo.

although the colour of the smoke is normally blue smoke.

are you losing any coolant?

and take that 20w50 out, its far to thick, and could potentially cause further problems