stirpping the rear

lingl9z

Member +
Okay so im 99% sure im going to be ripping the back seats out but i want to carpet the rear to reduce sound + make it look half decent!

Any tips

Also there was one guy that done a Bad ass job at it, looked sweet but can't remeber who any ideas?

ChrisGT

Member +
Its quite noisey with no rear in mate! I've had mine in and out like 5 times, can't decide! Its back in atm, as I know people will be like "Oh Chris give us a lift to uni pleaaseee!!!"
Cunts.

lingl9z

Member +
Its quite noisey with no rear in mate! I've had mine in and out like 5 times, can't decide! Its back in atm, as I know people will be like "Oh Chris give us a lift to uni pleaaseee!!!"
*EDITED*.

these computers here dont allow swear words, Thus i quoted you wrote a 500page essay and it said 'this word is not allowed' and deleted it all ohh the joy, well basicly ive a few larger mates that always insist on a lift places, the last time i had one in the back the rear arches was rubbing on straight roads, so you can imagine how bad it was over road humps etc! and that was before it was lowered so.... erm yes! rear seats out.

I don't mind noiseyness as i dont really do long distantces in the gt so yay.

TurboDave

Member +
Its a waste of time tbh mate, they dont weigh hardly anything and all you do is loose the use of your seats and get more noise.

lingl9z

Member +
I know what your saying Dave and totally agree, i wasn't really doing it for the weight saving factor was mainly for the fact that when i have seats in the back and mates ask i can't really say No where as if i strip it out, they can't get in! Sounds harsh but the damage they seem to cause isnt nice!

I'll more than likely double sound proof it and then carpet it to reduce the noise slightly and then in the future may get a cage put in :)

TurboDave

Member +
I know what your saying Dave and totally agree, i wasn't really doing it for the weight saving factor was mainly for the fact that when i have seats in the back and mates ask i can't really say No where as if i strip it out, they can't get in! Sounds harsh but the damage they seem to cause isnt nice!

I'll more than likely double sound proof it and then carpet it to reduce the noise slightly and then in the future may get a cage put in :)

You will struggle to reduce the noise mate as the rear seats buffer the noise which enters mainly through the gap between the boot and boot floor so it will be hard to deaden the noise there.

I see what your saying and its fair enough but I certinally wouldnt spite myself by removing my rear seats so people dont nag for a lift! Idd just leave them like they are and only leave one person sit in the back and in the middle to even the weight :).

lingl9z

Member +
You will struggle to reduce the noise mate as the rear seats buffer the noise which enters mainly through the gap between the boot and boot floor so it will be hard to deaden the noise there.

I see what your saying and its fair enough but I certinally wouldnt spite myself by removing my rear seats so people dont nag for a lift! Idd just leave them like they are and only leave one person sit in the back and in the middle to even the weight :).

I see lol, thats the thing i only had one person in the back when it happened! I like the look of it too, I'll see how much i can deaden the noise and if i can handle it, if not then i'll put them back in!

Cheers for the advice pal have some rep!

TurboDave

Member +
How about setting your suspension up or getting some smaller wheels aswell they shouldnt be rubbing, could fix the problem rather that working around it and I bet you will see good handling improvements aswell.

What size wheels do you have?

lingl9z

Member +
How about setting your suspension up or getting some smaller wheels aswell they shouldnt be rubbing, could fix the problem rather that working around it and I bet you will see good handling improvements aswell.

What size wheels do you have?

19" Chromeys! nah there 16" with 195 - 40 tyres i think! Im pretty sure its down to the size of the people 16 stone + :( don't really have the money for smaller wheels atm though!

monka

Member +
i had mine out before the mot, personly liked the noise. lol. put it back in when i got the car back on the road. and left them in as my sister has just turned 18, which means her 18 year old friends wanting lifts to town. lol

i'm stripping it out again soon though, will be getting some thin wood, and carpeting it though

weakboy2

Member +
TBH i found the noise difference was slight. they are only tin cans afterall.

Mines stripped out at the rear and thats the way its staying, any weight saved is a bonus in my eyes, shall be getting perspex windows before the end of the year, probs save about 20kgs of weight.

Dan_SV

Member +
TBH i found the noise difference was slight. they are only tin cans afterall.

Mines stripped out at the rear and thats the way its staying, any weight saved is a bonus in my eyes, shall be getting perspex windows before the end of the year, probs save about 20kgs of weight.

same here! bought mine stripped out and wouldn't put the seats back in at all!
stops u having to give unescessary lifts and is a weight saving bonus! u can hear everythin tho but u do get used to it!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ive had mine stripped in the rear for 3 years and loved it. Never thought about putting them back in as i just cant see my car being a 4 seater with full interior, not the image i have for it. Its noisey aswell but thats the best part of it, hearing the spray from the road batter of the arches :D love it!

Just have a hover ready mate when you do it lol

Iain