Strange one?

easty-5

Member +
I asked about a dash light in an earlier thread and I was told it was the cat temp light - as in its getting too hot. Anyway, it hadn't appeared again untill tonight when I decided to have a lil bit of fun and stick it in high boost. Foot down in second, wheels just spun and then the light flashed. I'm really confused as I had been driving below 3k in low boost up untill this point. Any idea's?

easty-5

Member +
Cat temp light -

Light-1.jpg

One next to the battery light. (Engine is off when that pic was taken)

AdDaMan

Member +
hmm...i havent had that one before...i defo wouldnt worry about it too much, maybe just a faulty temp sensor.

That or.. that lights coming on with the engine management light (but yours is faulty maybe?) so only the 1 light displays? ..

Did the car stop at all? Fuel cut maybe? - Was it a cold night at all? - Espec with the decat, make things flow more nicely!!

easty-5

Member +
Engine management light is on the other side. The light only flickers on on its own. no other light comes on. Yes, on both occasions it has been pretty cold nights.

sx_turbo

Lifer
its your cat getting to hot on boost.

driving it off boost it wont get that hot.

you might have a faulty sensor

you should change the cat, it should solve your problem,

easty-5

Member +
its your cat getting to hot on boost.

driving it off boost it wont get that hot.

you might have a faulty sensor

you should change the cat, it should solve your problem,

I have a decat - Faulty sensor is what I'm thinking. I just find it strange the light only comes on on high boost (1.1bar) and not on low boost (0.8bar).

What colour of glanza you got easty?

White mate, this very one:

02112008138.jpg

easty-5

Member +
I can only assume so - not 100% sure as the decat was on the car when I bought it and I haven't actually checked.

cameroon95

Member +
Nice, that a 98? I dont think iv seen you round aberdeen yet. Iv got a 98 black glanza. Did you get your car at wrc car sales?

turboflow

Member +
if u are tuned and still have the cat in place it will get really fucking hot really fucking fast, get rid of it, if it is already gone then i have no ideaq sorry mate

turboflow

Member +
if u are tuned and still have the cat in place it will get really fucking hot really fucking fast, get rid of it, if it is already gone then i have no ideaq sorry mate

CMR

Member +
Hes already said he has a decat mate :)

Doesnt the cat light sometimes come on when the alternator is on its last legs? (sure I read this before?)

GT_Ben

Member +
First check if the sensor is actualy in the decat, maybe Herbie can confirm?

Does anyone know the temp in which these sensors normaly throw up the light?

Who mapped the car for 1.1 bar?

Ben

easty-5

Member +
First check if the sensor is actualy in the decat, maybe Herbie can confirm?

Does anyone know the temp in which these sensors normaly throw up the light?

Who mapped the car for 1.1 bar?

Ben

This is going to be my first port of call when I'm finished work. Went out at lunch, you can hammer it as much as you want in low boost and it won't come up. Stick it in high boost though and put you foot down and it appears. When you let off it goes away and flickers occasionally. When you touch the accelerator again it flickers. I have an electronic boost controller so I'm maybe thinking its some dodgy electrics. Jap Performace mapped it mate.