Stripping out the rear ideas

Any one got any ideas on stripping outthe rear where to mount 6x9s as front ones on there own sound shit and making up boot lining, carpet etc to make it look tidy as i ent keen on it being bare, like a track car, Post up pics of yours if anyone has

Nippon

Member +
P3260002-1.jpg

Here is mine.
Ebay carpet. No 6X9s though.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
i stripped mine completely, and sprayed mine....
as its a track fast road car, i put my 6x9s in an old parcel shelp behind seats..

ye thats a good idea ive seen speaker pods on ebay but i duno how people mount them into the door cards, only sin the small circle speakers not 6x9s in door cards b4

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I copied Nippon:p

IMG_0314.jpg

Fully stripped looks like this:

IMG_0308.jpg

There's a good spot for 6x9's in the hollows where the rear seats would be.

I want mine like your first pic, what has yours got for a boot liner mines got nothing just abit of carpet but it dont ly flat just dumped in. Just need boot liner, something for 6x9s and prob abit of carpet, how much carpet would i need and how do you stick it down? I ent got a clue lol

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I put a thin sheet of ply in the very back then stuck the carpet to it - I used spray adhesive and a staple gun. The carpet in front of that is just laid down (not very smoothly either). For the amount of carpet you need just get the tape measure oot!

Nippon

Member +
I didnt fix the carpet down with anything.
I tucked it up under the rear interior panels and they hold it down.
The carpet extends all the way into the rear foot wells. Put the rear mats over the top. Job done.

I filled the tyre well with bubble wrap and used the wooden spare wheel cover to keep the boot floor level.
I put some soundproofing over the whole lot cos the road noise was unbearable.
No the really heavy Dynamat stuff. Just cheap ebay stuff. Does the job.

im sure I posted a thread about it ages ago. i'll try and find it.

*EDIT*
Couldnt find the thread.
But here are some pics:

Stuff I removed:
P3260001.jpg

halfway through reducing road noise:
DSC00062.jpg

Dont cover the fuel tank or seat belt bolt holes.
P3260005.jpg

P3260004.jpg

Tuck the edges away.
P3260003.jpg

Job done.
P3260006.jpg

I removed the seat belts after aswell.

MD

Last edited:
ye that looks mint i ent got the wooden spare wheel cover with mine just the boot carpet ill have to get one, im not sure if ill sound proof it i like engine noise inside the car sound sick i think lol ill hav to test it out c what its like then decide.

still have to work out where n how to mount my 6x9s is the main problem, any ideas how and where i can mount them???

how many metres of carpet and sound proofing sheet do i need? ????

this is what mines like atm see how its just carpet without the wooden spare wheel cover

IMG_0047.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0046.jpg

Last edited:

Nippon

Member +
Remove the spare wheel and get some MDF to make a boot floor out of.
Mount the 6X9's in the boot floor.

You could try and mount them in the rear interior plastics. Not sure there is anough room behind them though.

Ye was thinkin that but be a annoying a job to do lol ive already looked at the rear side pockets and measured them theres no where near enough room for em. Spare wheel is already out, didnt come with the car, Ya can see in my pic the carpet folds into the wheel well

Last edited: