Suspension banter.

Sigma

Member +
After a bit of a discussion really, as to what suspension is best on the road for a GT.

When I bought my '95 Quad, it had Tokico Bridgestone Potenza dampers, and matching springs which I beleive were around a 60mm drop.

It's an approximate guess, as they were on it when I bought it, and I've never seen any documentation for them.

It was an extremely harsh ride, which was so over sprung, that if you hit so much as a snail in a bend, the vehicle would loose track and alter direction.

Now, I fitted a set of 4" spring adaptors and adjustable collars to the Potenza dampers....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/88-00-Honda-C...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The reason I bought these, was that they would give me free reign to alter ride height, until I found a point around the optimum, so I could purchase a proper kit design for that height.

I've been testing these for about two weeks now in basically all situations, and after using 500quids worth of optimax, I've established a point, where my little, originally hard riding, ill handling piece of junk, has transformed into a simply untouchable go-kart.

In a response, could someone post a pic of one with standard height?

I need to work out, how much lower my car now sits, that a standard one, so I can order the right height springs.

Also, tell me what shockers you have, and how they are?

Thanks in advance, Tommy

:quadgt:

monka

Member +
i've got trd shocks and springs, sits nicely, handles well, some people say its a harsh ride, but at the end of the day, thats down to preference, i like hard rides, i didnt buy my car for comfort, although i'm keeping the aircon.

overall, i like mine the way it is, although sometimes i feel it could sit lower, and am tempted to get some d2's and spend a while getting them right, but will only do that if a shock or spring goes

starbogt

Member +
D2's are softer than my KYB new SR blue dampers and springs so my next suspension will be D2's so I can alter for different occasions also be softer on the road.