Swap Question .

NightRiders

Fresh Recruit
Hi well i used to have an 4efte 3 days ago xD it blows =P so i bought an 4efe engine , i will replace al the turbo pieces t o the NA engine to make it turbo , so i heard i need to replace my inyectors my distribution admision and the turbo pieces to my NA engine . my question is if i have to replace any other piece from mi turbo wasted engine to the brand new 4efe ? and what i can fear when i get my engine start? how many bar it will be able to hold on in one piece ? xD thx i will be w8ting for ur answers cause the engine is hanging in the crank just to be pull into ! xD

Jay

Admin
The compression in your new engine will be much higher. This will cause problems with initial setup and reliability I'd reckon.

Proceed with extreme caution - boost will probably cause detonation and detonation will cause piston failure.

The compression in your new engine will be much higher. This will cause problems with initial setup and reliability I'd reckon.

Proceed with extreme caution - boost will probably cause detonation and detonation will cause piston failure.

x2 i dont think this will work it will just go bang .as a turbo engine has low compesion pistons and the n/a dosnt so there's no room for boost

ALaN

Member +
I don't even think the pistons are interchangable between the two engines either but I could be wrong. You should hunt down a 5e and use your 4efte pistons

Jay

Admin
x2 i dont think this will work it will just go bang .

Yeah, that's the general consensus. If you could avoid detonation it stands to reason the engine would produce more power per pound of boost but it's uncharted territory for the most part.

Keep the boost low and pray during spoolup.

NightRiders

Fresh Recruit
Yeah, that's the general consensus. If you could avoid detonation it stands to reason the engine would produce more power per pound of boost but it's uncharted territory for the most part.

Keep the boost low and pray during spoolup.

Yes those are the ideas that i have keep loooow bost like 0.5 bar so i wont blow it im really scared about the engine but i will do anyways actually i have the engine already mount on my ep xD so do i need anything else to replace from my turbo to the NA ?