td04 @ 1bar just not enough!

mark1991

Member +
my car is running a td04 zisco kit at 1 bar, making 208bhp at the fly and 176bhp at the wheels. I have been driving it for 3 weeks and i need more power tbh i did not think i would want more power as soon as this... :(

I was thinking td05 and run a 2mm head gasket and lifting boost to 1.3bar? OR should i just save up some pennys and get an forged engine and then td05 at 1.5bar?

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
exactly what ive done and doing arnold...
also deends what car is used for??
mines a track car and just to potter to meets to off car, so road response is not that important to me.. so i can live with lag

malcolmgt

Member +
use another car then go back to it!

if you go to high you get alot of wheel spin and the car becomes unusable.

Nippon

Member +
Power is one of those bugs where you will always want more.
Even if you did forge and go TD05 you will evenually get used to that power aswell. Then what will you do?
Add nitrous?
Even bigger turbo?
Different engine?
Swings and roundabouts really.

Chris_14a

Member +
204 seems to be low for a td04 mine made 255 at 1.1 when Td mapped it for me. Do you have all the supporting mods as usually they make abit more.

Martin Broon

Member +
i was in same boat as you mark, i wanted more from my 330 bhp CCM built gt, now im getting a 5e built from zisco right now, and sold my full
td05 turbo kit, and buying a greddy td05 18 g, 400 bhp will be something you couldnt really get used to i dont think lol, but going from td04
270 bhp to putting the td05 on and making 330 it was like night and day! put a massive smile on your face every time you hit boost, i would defo
save up for a forged engine, you already have the zisco kit, you can find a decent second hand td05 16g for £100 odd, just a straight swap with your
td04, not much catching you with a td05 300 + bhp gt :)

Fro

Member +
Why not try a slightly more aggressive map on a higher octane fuel first? Should see you some extra ponies.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
If your anything like me then not alot will be enough.. My car on low boost at 296BHP isnt enough.. Feels nice and fast and very usable but definitely not enough power for me.

So its one of those things, do you keep going and going or call it a day and think to yourself my car is good enough? My bug isnt a good bug to have.

turboloon

Member +
damn sould i go td05 om myforged lump don't want to spend more moneyon it..lol..tbh chris mapped mine to 1.1 bar on td04 and it is quick,but haven't dynoed it as it was live mapped..

AdamB

Member +
My opinion is that tbh power means nothing. You could have 180bhp yet on track or at the strip you could be beating cars of much higher value and higher power. This is where we all get our kicks really. Pottering down country roads is ok, but keeping up with a 400bhp evo round track or beating a 300bhp twin turbo supra at santa pod is where the "David" in these cars really shines through.

What i'm trying to say really is that maybe X amount of power doesn't feel like enough yet put it up agains't something else and its a different ball game, it's just a number, it's all about how well it goes on the road ;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
My opinion is that tbh power means nothing. You could have 180bhp yet on track or at the strip you could be beating cars of much higher value and higher power. This is where we all get our kicks really. Pottering down country roads is ok, but keeping up with a 400bhp evo round track or beating a 300bhp twin turbo supra at santa pod is where the "David" in these cars really shines through.

What i'm trying to say really is that maybe X amount of power doesn't feel like enough yet put it up agains't something else and its a different ball game, it's just a number, it's all about how well it goes on the road ;)

I completely get this as this is very true but also for me its very much about how exhilarating the acceleration is on a car. How powerful it feels and how interesting the power is and how the chassis reacts to it. Its how a car feels when driving it hard not just about what that car can do against others... Some slower cars just feel better then some faster ones so the feel is a buzz in itself.

My opinion anyway :)

mark1991

Member +
I am having days when the car does feel fast and the next day... i feel like i need more power. but it does drive well! I think i will get her mapped on v power and a more aggressive map first. I did spend weeks thinking it make 225bhp and think i was building it up in my head. I will put on my new tyres and fix my cv joint and see about a remap...

the car does has all supporting mods

*DENSO 440CC INJECTORS
*WALBRO F/P
*SARD FPR
*DASTEK PIGGY BACK ECU
*ZISCO TD04 KIT
*TIAL W/G (0.8BAR SPRING)
*GIZZMO EBC
*JAPSPEED CAT BACK
*TOYOSPORT FMIC
*FRONT MOUNTED FILTER

Martin Broon

Member +
I am having days when the car does feel fast and the next day... i feel like i need more power. but it does drive well! I think i will get her mapped on v power and a more aggressive map first. I did spend weeks thinking it make 225bhp and think i was building it up in my head. I will put on my new tyres and fix my cv joint and see about a remap...

the car does has all supporting mods

*DENSO 440CC INJECTORS
*WALBRO F/P
*SARD FPR
*DASTEK PIGGY BACK ECU
*ZISCO TD04 KIT
*TIAL W/G (0.8BAR SPRING)
*GIZZMO EBC
*JAPSPEED CAT BACK
*TOYOSPORT FMIC
*FRONT MOUNTED FILTER

i thot i sold you 460 injectors? you not using them?

mark1991

Member +
could not remember what size they were i was going to say 440cc. i got some new seals and they are working fine ;)

kemnaychris

Member +
Get a forged unit or u will end up like I did blown up engine I Ran 1.1 bar thro a tongs n my engine let go :( forged now we my td12 260 bhp :) but am same need more power but comes at a cost lol k26 fun very shortly

any higher we at td04 will destroy that poor standard engine lol save for a forge unit lad :)

Murray

Member +
Forge the engine and boost 1.4 bar on the td04. Right now any bigger turbo will lose driveabilty. Also start using Vpower. no point doing all this and having a mild map.
The difference between a td04 at a bar to a td04 at 1.4 bar is huge.

Murray