TD04 Kit fitting.

After-Glanza

Member +
Well last night i set about removing my old turbo, manifold etc and between me and a couple of mates we had it off in about an hour.

So then today i decided to see if i could get the td04 kit fitted. Got it all put on and modified my intercooler piping to suit the td04 as well as attatching the oil and water lines.

Now what i want to know is will it just simply be a case of me putting in my radiator when i get it and filling it up with water/coolant and connecting up the rad hoses and that will be it sorted after i have got the power steering pump and all other bits put back together.

Its just someone had mentioned to me that there might be an airlock in the rad if i did it that way and it would need bled? rep will be added.

scot-ish

Member +
you should bleed the system everytime you empty/fill it

id also recomend connecting the piping before you fill it, or it will take an awful long time to fill hehe

After-Glanza

Member +
cheers guys rep added. just need a civic rad now and i can finally feel what a td04 pulls like, even though it will only be at 0.7bar for a wile lol

Neal Gt

Member +
Like the others dude, just let it run idling and the coolnt should bleed it self, after a while tho put the rad cap on cause u need to build a little bit of pressuse in the system to help it go round the enigne,

it's best to still prime it dude cause even tho it's sec hand and it's been use u don't now how long it's been sitting about for, all I done with mine is unpluged the coil and pulled out the fuel pump fuse and turned it over a couple of times to get the oil going round and check the oil pressure, make sure it was still ok,
:)

After-Glanza

Member +
Well i got the td04 kit fitted after i got a hold of a rad today. All seems good, heaters blowing hot and temperature is spot on took the car for a drive after it had warmed up and there were no noises or smoke of any kind. :) only boosting about 0.5-0.6 bar. I dont think it feels as quick as my ct9 did at 15psi? but as i said before the td04 probably wont start to get going until you put some decent boost through it. lol

original posted by texx :

To bleed the cooling system, I would turn the heater inside the car to hot, fill the expansion tank to the maximum level, fill the radiator to the top, place the rad cap on half a turn so it's on but feels a bit loose, start the engine and run at fast idle for approx 3-4 minutes and shut the engine off. Then remove the cap and top the radiator up, if the level hasn't dropped again put the cap back on half a turn and run the engine at fast idle for 3-4 minutes. Repeat this until the level finally drops (if the level doesn't drop then the system may already be bled of air), top the rad up to the maximum (expect around 0.2-0.5 litres) and then put the cap back on to it's fully closed position. Then just let the engine idle until the fan kicks in twice and that should be the system bled. Check the coolant level in the expansion tank once it's all cooled down, first thing in the morning would probably be best and top it up if needs be, as some coolant may get sucked into the system as everything cools down.

gglavin

Member +
the tdo4 doesnt come alive until 1 bar +, on standard internals your wagon should be fine if you plan to up it a little, just get emu of emb somthing like that & you will then see notable power difference, 220 to 240 bhp

After-Glanza

Member +
the tdo4 doesnt come alive until 1 bar +, on standard internals your wagon should be fine if you plan to up it a little, just get emu of emb somthing like that & you will then see notable power difference, 220 to 240 bhp

its only boosting about 8-9psi at the minute and it feels nippy enough. im guessing it will pull alot harder at 1.1bar? Im very surprised by how responsive the turbo is, seems to be making full boost before 3600rpm