td04 setup mot,need cat in???

hi folks iv been hard at it all evening stripping my td04 decat out my glanza as i am supposed to have an MOT on thursday

now iv found that my cat doesnt fit anymore

what do i do now?:confused:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Put your decat back on, buy a universal cat or get a cat of the brake yeard, fit the car under the car - you might need to go to garage for that or to someone who can weld. This way you'll pass with your current setup.

Put your decat back on, buy a universal cat or get a cat of the brake yeard, fit the car under the car - you might need to go to garage for that or to someone who can weld. This way you'll pass with your current setup.
how do u mean fit it under the car,if i have my decat on how am i meant to do this?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I made a spelling mistake I meant fit the CAT under the Car -)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it will do the job just fine! At least this way it will save you a lot of hassle with your turbo setup.

Jay

Admin
If it were me I'd just throw the car at MOT and see if the tester spots it.

Half the MOT inspectors will be so bedazzled by the engine bay they'll not even notice if a cat is missing.

Jay

marty

Member +
bollocks to that..i'm going TD04 soon and dont want to have the hassle of changing stuff over every year..it seems split that some say it will pass and others say it wont..I'll be getting the car tested in NI at the end of the year, so have any of the lads here had their TD04 passed without sports cat etc?

Jay

Admin
Never had a problem with any GT's or V's so far Marty. As said, the testers are usually dumbfounded by the silliness under the hood to mention it. They probably can't tell a decat from a cat anyway so long as the emissions are within the allowed limits.

Skalabala

Member +
I have no idea what MOT is all about but I am sure if you turn down the boost completely and run it on the lean side then they have nothing to complain about?

Just take it to a garage in a shit hole/ ghetto area near where u live, more likely to turn a blind eye or offer them some more dough. Dont take it to a family run traditional garage where grampa joe is old school and strict as a nun on fings, some garages r piccy and fail on things others will

hookie663

Member +
your rit again there jay boy? im running tdo4 and my car passed mot no sweat and as jay said once tey saw under the hood they were very confused lol

Paul_JJ

Member +
Emissions have been well within allowed limits on all my cars with decats. You would have to be running quite rich to fail the test in my experience.

Glanza V can pass emissions with no cat??? Only with special tester may be, in my experience it fails.

weeJohn

Lifer
5 years running mine has passed the emissions test without a cat, as long as the AFR is good it will pass.