Td04 Vs Td05

PsychO

Member +
hi mates...
i m willing to a upgrade my turbo..most of the ppl are using TD04 as an upgrade..but some ppl are saying that TD05 is better

what are ur opinions about this??

some are also saing that use a t4 cauz it is a ball bearing one...am totally confused wat to do..plz guide

azerty

Supermoderator
the questions you need to ask yourself first are :
- what purpose your car will have (road, track, pod...)
- how much BHP are you looking for
- how big your pockets are and how much work to your engine are you ready to go for

K24 & td04l are both common upgrade that can play around any themes (pod, track road). hence why they are so popular
td05 is a pod race oriented turbo

Last edited:

PsychO

Member +
its just a fun car...i use it for racing with friends on track..not on official trax.. m new to this so no estimations of Bhp ..not willing to spend a lot .. just want to install a bugger turbo now as i have the stock ct9

My mods are

Hi flow intake
3" through exhaust piping
HKS actuator
FMIC
LSD
Hi pressure fuel pump (3 bar without FPR)

hope now u can give a better idea..waiting for ur precious comments

azerty

Supermoderator
hybrid ct9 would be the cheapest route (for short term...)
td04l from wrx is probably your best bet as it is usable for any purpose, reliable, has lot of feedback, and easy to source out (even kits are avaible from TGTT traders). K24 is a realy nice alternative if you can find one. Considering your pupose, I wouldn't go td05

do some search on TGTT, you'll find plenty good infos on those turbo use :)

Last edited:

E10

Member +
I would also say td04 is a good thing not to laggy and pull really great with supporting mods!

TD05 would have a lot of lag i would say on the 4efte!
TD05 will be good when you go for a 5e!

GTwayne

Member +
I would also say td04 is a good thing not to laggy and pull really great with supporting mods!

Would depend on what TD05 you were talking about.

fur

Member +
HYBRID ran the same turbo and reported similar spool times
had a local greddy td05-18g on a 5e that was seeing 18psi at 3500rpm

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

thats about the daftest information iv ever read about the td05...

which td05 are u talking about, i have yet to see one that lags badly..

with the greddy td05-14b i got 1.3bar by about 4300rpms ... thats the same spoolup as the td04L ... also made 255WHP .. so not getting ur point..

my mate has a greddy td05h-18g & gets 1.1bar by 5000rpms.. if he doesnt rev to redline it does lag a little, but otherwise its always fine!

u really need to learn the difference between "lag & spoolup"

besides iv never seen a race with 2 ppl driving under boost, so im not getting the point mentioned...

not having a go at u mate, just clearing something up... oh btw i just ordered a Greddy TD05SH-18g.. which is the biggest TD05 available, & i can assure u it will be on the 4efte & no im not gonna have any problems with it ;)

kon

Gee

Member +
Not sure which TD04 you tried Hybrid, I remember you mentioning it lagged between gear changes and now that both the TD04 and TD05 have the same spool time. Seems strange..

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Not sure which TD04 you tried Hybrid, I remember you mentioning it lagged between gear changes and now that both the TD04 and TD05 have the same spool time. Seems strange..

erm... no Gee i never said the Td04L lagged in between gear changes.. the td04 i had was off a 2002 WRX.. & the td05 turbo was a greddy unit..

i had said the td04L gives good power but over 1.1bar the td05 gives more ;)

kon