Td04

robboglanzav

Member +
got my car running the power is ace, just a couple of questions for td04 owners, wen do you get full boost in 1st gear because on mine it hits 1 bar about 7thou, and how can i get it to boost quicker cheers

speedvision

Member +
got my car running the power is ace, just a couple of questions for td04 owners, wen do you get full boost in 1st gear because on mine it hits 1 bar about 7thou, and how can i get it to boost quicker cheers

thats very late ur hitting 1 bar on the tdo4 turbo.......u will need to get a boost controller and adjust it and the boost shoudl come in way earlier..

good luck

sam

robboglanzav

Member +
thats only in 1st because it dunt last very long, 2nd its around 4500 but starts spooling 3000, thanks for kit its very good, fueling is fine aslo on my jam ecu

speedvision

Member +
thats only in 1st because it dunt last very long, 2nd its around 4500 but starts spooling 3000, thanks for kit its very good, fueling is fine aslo on my jam ecu

in first its suppose to be hitting around 10-12 psi at 3500-4000...looks ok there...if u get a proper boost control set up and tune it it will hit boost earlier....glad ur happy with the set up...lets know how u get on

sam

u need a boost onctroller or u need to adjust the tension on the actuator (but then u may get higher boost)

so get a proper boost controller......and u will be smiling

Rory

Lifer
Try tensioning the actuator first, if its too slack then you wont get boost till late in the revs,tension it untill you start seeing a raise in boost, and leave it there.
You should also see you boost come in alot earlier.

Its also free to do ;)

steo800

Member +
which way is it to tension actuator because it is smallest at moment ????

the shorter the arm the more boost you will get and less lag

the longer the arm, the less boost you will get and more lag

they way i always set mine up is....

take the arm off the wastegate flap and screw it to a point where it will fit straight into the wastegate flap, when flap is fully closed, without having to pull or push the arm.

and as above, with the arm set like this and a good electronic boost controller(setup correctly) you should see 1 bar at 3500 revs in all gears

TurboDave

Member +
the shorter the arm the more boost you will get and less lag

the longer the arm, the less boost you will get and more lag

they way i always set mine up is....

take the arm off the wastegate flap and screw it to a point where it will fit straight into the wastegate flap, when flap is fully closed, without having to pull or push the arm.

and as above, with the arm set like this and a good electronic boost controller(setup correctly) you should see 1 bar at 3500 revs in all gears

BY setting it like that there is very little tension on the wastegate/actuator, when the turbo starts to spool the air will blow the wastegate open slightly causing increased spooling times.

You should need to pull the arm over a few mm's to fit onto the wastegate flap to keep adequate tension on the actuator arm and to prevent it blowing open.

steo800

Member +
BY setting it like that there is very little tension on the wastegate/actuator, when the turbo starts to spool the air will blow the wastegate open slightly causing increased spooling times.

You should need to pull the arm over a few mm's to fit onto the wastegate flap to keep adequate tension on the actuator arm and to prevent it blowing open.

not if youve got an electronic boost controller that will keep pressure away from actuator untill your reaching your set boost. if your just using the actuator to control boost, by all means have some tension on the actuator spring

ive set mine like this as i want as low boost as possible with my boost controller off, but minmal lag with boost controller on and use the ebc to raise boost.

1 bar at 3500 is as good as you'll get with a td04l on a 1.3, and i get it

TurboDave

Member +
not if youve got an electronic boost controller that will keep pressure away from actuator untill your reaching your set boost. if your just using the actuator to control boost, by all means have some tension on the actuator spring

ive set mine like this as i want as low boost as possible with my boost controller off, but minmal lag with boost controller on and use the ebc to raise boost.

1 bar at 3500 is as good as you'll get with a td04l on a 1.3, and i get it

I am afraid not mate, if you dont have any tension on the actuator arm when your driving along and decide you put your foot down the sudden increase in exhaust gas can cause the wastegate flap to be blown open slightly as the exhaust gasses pass through the turbine housing some will leak out of the wastegate instead of turning the turbine wheel.

If you dont have any tension on your actuator you should give it a turn in and see if it makes any improvement.

robboglanzav

Member +
ive sorted boost problem, i had to bend the bracket as it wasnt allowing actuator to move freely so now 1 bar at around 4000 its a completely different car i love it