tdo4 oil return help

J25GTi

Lifer
Hey guys, does anyone have any photos or anything of their oil return pipe?

I bought the silicone hose adapter but its miles too big for the return on the tdo4 and no where near long enough!

Help please! Lol

J25GTi

Lifer
That's what I have mate. But no where near long enough. And the oil return is a different size!
Do you have a picture of your oil return fitting on your tdo4? As I assume mine is different or something!

Mark-ep91

Member +
That's what I have mate. But no where near long enough. And the oil return is a different size!
Do you have a picture of your oil return fitting on your tdo4? As I assume mine is different or something!

dont have a pic of my one but have this pic from someones setup you can see the oil drain connection and pipe on left hand side
pipe-1.jpg

and heres a link to a td04 oil drain connection should look like this
Untitled-2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-TD...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e59303d60

ktl

Member +
i could not get a 16mm hose over the standard sump.

i could of used the original hose tbh but where i didnt clock my turbo enough i had to cut and play with it and extending it.
sorry not muich use!

D3N0

Member +
i could not get a 16mm hose over the standard sump.

i could of used the original hose tbh but where i didnt clock my turbo enough i had to cut and play with it and extending it.
sorry not muich use!
Thats because its a 19mm.

the best option is to get a 19mm 90degree bend reducer to 16mm. the 16mm side should be made slightly longer.

you can get this from sfsperformance.co.uk

J25GTi

Lifer
you need a 19mm one. streching a 16mm one over the sump inlet wont help with longevity.

i recently bought this one. was pleasantly surprised when i got it that the walls are so thick! very good item, just needs trimmed both sides with a stanley knife

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250454814440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Hi ted,

Sorry I have the silicone pipe I need, I got one from nick@td. But I need the actual metal pipe that comes off the turbo that someone posted the link to earlier. Just want a part number so my mate can get one on his works account!

Same old story of they want a chassis number etc +rolls eyes+

WallaceGlanza

Member +

Llawgoch

Member +
on mine i just cut the pipe off the ct9 oil pipe and cut a bit off the td04 pipe and welded both together, the ct9 pipe slides over the td04 pipe nicely. and then the standard ct9 rubber elbow fitted perfectly.

030720101169.jpg

Last edited:

Ted

Member +
That one doesn't seem to be suitable for oil, so I'd watch that it's not degrading internally.

the worst pipe ive ever seen for oil transfer is the actual oe ct9 oil return pipe, goes hard and splits easily. i prefer the silicone type, renew them every year anyway.

steveep82

Member +
Yeah id be careful with silicone pipe, you can get silicone pipe with a coating inside that is resistant to oil, i know samco do that. Personally, i weld a 19mm outside diameter 45 degree bend onto the end of the original TD04 oil return and use a piece of 3/4" oil hose from the local hydraulic supplier, this gives a nice smooth bend, so less chance of splits.