Techniclutch

scoot

Fresh Recruit
hiya, janice ere.... i have jsut bought a new clutch for my Glanza. its a techniclutch.
has any on ever fitted one ov these...? had one of these.../ and there opinion please.
I am very concerned about how hard they are to use... its for everyday use.
i have had it neerly a week now and darnt get scoot to put it in incase i dont like it.:(:(
i have posts up on other sites and the advise i am getting is very mixed.
jsut wondered how people on this site feel about them? any help and advise wud b xtremly greatful.
my clutch at the moment is slipping, but only in high gears (from 3rd) and only now and again?. i can live with it for now but dont know how long its gona last. ? i have 170 bhp... and it has been suggested its the torque the clutch cant handle??
cheers Janice

Adam_Glanza

Member +
there not that hard to be honest you will get used to it.

may be different to begin with and the bitepoint is very sharp, but its very easy to get used to, i actually prefer them to normal clutches now lol

Spoonz

Member +
i have one in mine it is a awsome clutch never slipped once and pull the carr all he way to 7k with ni problems i recomend them to all my friends

lanxter

Member +
i got a clutch off them apparently an exidy has slipped constantly soon as it gets warm it slips its crap id steer clear of them personally.

i know mates who have got exidys off different supplyers and no problems

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
my techniclutch has been in use for around 8 months now (in total, before and after rebuild) and it is spot on, no problems at all and a sweet bite point. handling the power just fine too.

scoot

Fresh Recruit
my techniclutch has been in use for around 8 months now (in total, before and after rebuild) and it is spot on, no problems at all and a sweet bite point. handling the power just fine too.

hi there... nice to hava positive comment about the techniclutch.
i was reely starting to regret buying this clutch.
Soooooo. IF i decide to ''let'' scoot put this clutch into my Glanza ??... Is it much ov a job, and how long do ya think it will take?
he is a very competent mechanic, and will he need any SPECIAL tools?
thanx for all the replys ... Janice.

lanxter

Member +
did it have any markings on the suposid exedy clutch or anything?

not that i remember mate no, came in an exidy box and only opened it when i took it to garage to be fitted.

worst clutch ive ever bought the one i had in before that was fucked was better

scoot

Fresh Recruit
There have been a few members on here supplied the wrong clutch from them, poss causing the slipping

Scoot haznt fitted the new clutch yet but ov cors he will ensure its the correct one wen fitting it. PS. dont suppose ya know the torque settings for the bolts :confused: any advise wud be reeeely greatful cheers. janice.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
hi there... nice to hava positive comment about the techniclutch.
i was reely starting to regret buying this clutch.
Soooooo. IF i decide to ''let'' scoot put this clutch into my Glanza ??... Is it much ov a job, and how long do ya think it will take?
he is a very competent mechanic, and will he need any SPECIAL tools?
thanx for all the replys ... Janice.

mine was just your average organic clutch, fitting is the same as most other cars so if he's a good mechanic it should be a breeze.

i don't remember any specific torque settings, i'm pretty sure it was just put on tight.

Nice hearing such gd comments on Techniclutch as im considering to buy a stage 2 one! Do you know how much power this will handle without slipping?

Im running about 145 bhp right now and considering to go round the 180 mark in the future!

scoot

Fresh Recruit
heres an interesting one... just been on ebay to refresh my memory on the info for my clutch av bought... and .... the eaby seller is no longer registered. and as from 9th april /08 he is now trading under performanceclutchproducts with NO feed back in his profile? but the item is still under techniclutch?
Strange or wot ???? :( wonder why eeed do that afta all the feed back he had. ?? (janice)

speedvision

Member +
hiya, janice ere.... i have jsut bought a new clutch for my Glanza. its a techniclutch.
has any on ever fitted one ov these...? had one of these.../ and there opinion please.
I am very concerned about how hard they are to use... its for everyday use.
i have had it neerly a week now and darnt get scoot to put it in incase i dont like it.:(:(
i have posts up on other sites and the advise i am getting is very mixed.
jsut wondered how people on this site feel about them? any help and advise wud b xtremly greatful.
my clutch at the moment is slipping, but only in high gears (from 3rd) and only now and again?. i can live with it for now but dont know how long its gona last. ? i have 170 bhp... and it has been suggested its the torque the clutch cant handle??
cheers Janice

HAVE A LOOK here to get an idea about the type of clutch u may want to buy with respect to torque and percent upgrade u need..

http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

if u need any help just u2u me...

thanks
sam

scoot

Fresh Recruit
hiya sam..... i have looked at the link youve sent me and i am 99% sure the clutch i have is the 7th one down. it looks identical.
its still in the box under my sideboard lol.... as i am not convinced changing my clutch ( which only slips now and again ) to the technicluth is a good move? i have had loads of positive and negative advise on the technicluth.
i have about 170 bhp... and loads ov torque? lol...
i suppose at the end ov the day i wont know until scoot takes the old one out and puts the new one in ? if A.. its gona fit .. and B.... its ok and i am gona like it ?
if i need help i WILL !! U2U YOU.
thanx janice

scottydouk

Member +
As some may know i had problems with 'techniclutch' bought paddle clutch from them, slips all the time, basically.

wouldnt refund so took them to court and won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now have clutch from dave burwash and have no problems even with the gas on and track use!

Last edited:

scoot

Fresh Recruit
mmmmmmmm perhaps i shuda gone to dave 2 ...... :(
but .... its bought now... so .... not much choice now....
glad it all worked out for you thow.... its the chew on thow in it... a lota wurk .. all wurth it if ya happy with the results....