the cars that shocked u thread

richglanzav

Member +
as title says, put down any car/s that have totally shocked u, either in performance, reliability, anything at all. try and do a car that shocked u in a good way and then in a bad way. CANNOT be a starlet lol

ile begin.

GOOD: my mates clio 182. this car is standard bar cup lowering spring pack, and a full exhaust system. never ceases to amaze me how quick it is and the handling too.

BAD: nissan pulsar. a workmate had one a while ago and was apparently running nearly 400bhp. but it ate gearboxes and clutches for breakfast and fuel bill was horrendous. thats when it wasnt broken down! spare parts cost a fortune and even at 400bhp my glanza on the td04 wudda stuck with it no probz. handling werent fantastic either. generally v.dissapointed.

GT_Irl

Member +
Good: My best mates standard pug 106 GTI. Cannot believe the conering speeds of the little beastie! Fast in a straightline too and sounds sweet!!!!!:)

stew

Member +
back-to-the-future-delorean-dmc12-time-machine-replica.jpg

scot-ish

Member +
in a good way. my mates 205 throttle bodied s16 built by ecosse, and my other mates throttle bodies mi16 205 just unreal, the power, the noise, just everything, and when i have plenty of spare dosh next year to run a track car, this will be what i will go for.

in a bad way hmmm--- civic type R the ep3 the power and everything, what a let down on what i expected them to be.

AdDaMan

Member +
Good: MG ZS 180. couldnt belive how amazing this car was. Bought one cause it was a bargain and upon driving it realized it was actually very comfortable, VERY quick, gorgeous sound from the v6, brilliant brakes and most of all the handling...wow, best handling standard car ive ever driven.
Would defo get another one.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Good: GTi6'd 205 was done in Lime green and sounded like the world was ending with the induction noise, set really good 1/4 times for an N/A. Mazda 323 GTR didnt no what to expect but christ it was unreal, really really surprising car! MK3 Astra GSI-T a MK3 Astra with a C20LET conversion, running 290bhp and not far off the paces of me.

Bad: R35 GTR stunning cars and awesome performance but i had ago against once of these on track and it didnt have the power to pass me on the straights and this was over 100mph+, after 2 attempts he had.

aaronw

Member +
i have to say the nurburg vxr i had,for a standard car it had everything...loud,fast and so bloody comfy,the pops always made me smile and there was loads expesh on cold starts,down changing. 265bhp standard...was perfect in my opinion.

ok,paid 18k and was same as gt to insure...£1100 fully comp

one day...ill get another...one day!

EvilKnievel

Member +
good: mazda mps, mate of mine had his only chipped and it's lethal. Makes the new Golf GTI look as if it's driving backwards. And of course the starlet suprised me big time, as well as quite a few other bigger cars ;-)

bad: Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi. Piece of crap, before it reached 40 000km I broke it twice. Told em after the second time to just keep the bloody thing.

Jay

Admin
GOOD - New Scirocco 2.0T - Made me actually fancy a VW again.

BAD - New Scirocco 2.0 TDI - Made me reconsider that notion. Diesel model just dampens the whole appeal. Bah humbug.

Beaker

Member +
Good: My Mk1 Golf GTI. An absolute classic. handling, acceleration, its what a hot hatch should be. Others may be quicker now but theres not much that will make you smile as much.
Bad: Starlet GT, just gay compared to a mighty, manly Glanza!

That was a joke by the way!

aaronw

Member +
lol,we know u were obviously jokin beaker. :p

i went out in a 600bhp r33 gtr,that was an experience! so impressive!

good: 300bhp pulsar gtir,owned if for about 4months,LOVED IT!!! only bother was the waterpump goin,the acceleration was fantastic in the wet,and poped and banged..plenty too.

bad: pulsar's fuel consumption,...but it was 4wd,2litre turbo so what do u expect!?

good: Lotus elise exige s, was alot more refined than I thought it would be since it's whole design, I would have thought it would be rough as hell.

bad: an associates 106 gti with cams and bodies, just expected it to be quicker really.

iamrab

Member +
good:ECC's evo 6 rs ...never ever sat in anything that could even come close to just how mind bendly fast that car was,to say it was scary fast is a complete understatement.

bad:leave it with me lol

Galen

Lifer
GOOD: Friends mint 98 Nissan 180sx Type X, 330bhp. Had everything looks, great power and rwd!
And also my 1990 Gti Corolla, great handling, surprsingly good top end power and one of the most comfortable cars ive ever been in!

BAD: R33 Skyline gts-t, my first time ever in a Skyline and it was so disappointing, no power at all, was more impressed with my first spin in a gt turbo! Now if a Skylines not a GTR I wont even look at it!:haha:

starletsam

Member +
are them colts quick?
GOOD:my mates supra!that felt insane!and when i was taken out in my starlet before i brought it that felt so quick compaired to the old fiesta!haha also my mates old nova SRI was pretty nippy!

BAD:not really sure i guess a type R i went out in it just didnt feel that fast!

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
GOOD: '95 Supra TwinTurbo 6Spd - a guy at work had one for a couple years, was totally standard but was still producing 330bhp. Absolutely BRUTAL acceleration .... just an awesome machine!

BAD: EVO VIII FQ360 - felt suprisingly tame, was obviously quick but just didnt give you a big boot in the back like my glanza did, the Evo gave extremely smooth power delivery which for me, is a negative.