The Problems Keep Coming

Si_Glanza

Member +
Went to get my car live mapped last monday....all went well till i turned the boost above 1bar then the clutch started slipping Great! so i could only map it at 1bar.
Then the next few days my Brakes went so i need new pad/Disc's i got some new lines while i was at it. but before i got to buy pads my Cam Shaft oil seal starlet leaking which is £30 from toyota and no point in doing it till i get my clutch Which C.A.P are not replying to my email!
Of and then yesterday half a mile from my house my Drive shaft decided it wanted to fall to bits. While fitting the replacment shaft today i noticed the gear box engine mount had ripped the thread out the box and half of it was missing. 7 Days ago my car was 100% ready to be mapped!

This is why i sold my Glanza Problem after Problem....

hey boss....sometimes it can be like that

u just have to decide to fix things up and make them right to suit u....u will surely like the project when its done...let's remember that Rome was not built in a day

i had an issue with my glanza when i first bought it...but now....its probably the envy of the pack

seems to me u need a clutch, seal and probably a 2nd hand gearbox (or maybe just a housing)...nothing too major.......since the gearbox and clutch job are related......i would not drive the car till i get it fixed.......as having the g/box out of line wont do u too much good

Si_Glanza

Member +
ive got a spare mount thing i can rethread the box pritty easy, Its just pissing about lol when i though it was all going to go so smooth!
Will get clutch and get it all sorted at once i think. easyest way.

yeah...u do that....after u relax....things will be much better

and i remember when u had the glanza also...lol....it was a nice car, just needed some attention

Dane_Bristol

Member +
On my mates GT last week the gearbox mount ripped off very strange that couldnt explain it.

Sorry to hear you have problems mate but i am sure most peole have been in a simliar situation, i know i have been the this situation a couple of times and with each one a different senario. Heads up mate hope you get it all sorted out ok.

alfradio

Member +
Sorry to hear about your dilemmas... sounds like what I go through at times...
"If it weren't for BAD LUCK, I'd have NO LUCK at all"

Keep a stiff upper lip old chap! (That is what you say over there isn't it?)

alf :homer:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
Sorry to hear about your dilemmas... sounds like what I go through at times...
"If it weren't for BAD LUCK, I'd have NO LUCK at all"

Keep a stiff upper lip old chap! (That is what you say over there isn't it?)

alf :homer:

i think youve been watching to many war films alf lol :)

weeJohn

Lifer
You can change the cranckshaft seal with the engine in place mate.

You can also use a helicoil in the stripped bolt hole on the box. Do it when the box is out to do the clutch.

You have made your brakes better, you needed to do that.

As a wise man once said "Its only a real bollox if it cant be fixed"

Keep the faith Si, you know it will be worth it.

Thats the unfortunate problem with tuned cars and sometime they can really test you, At least its unlikly anything else will go wrong, I wouldnt waste your time if i was you with the standard pads and discs if your forged and have the power it takes no time to crack them and you will just end up with another problem

Last edited: